Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I just joined the forum. I'm not a Victory owner yet, but I'm in the process of deciding. After the Demo Tour this weekend at Shark Cycle in Stafford Spring, CT, I think I've settled on a Cross Roads. I was leaning towards the Vegas originally, but the Cross Roads is so comfy. My current and first bike is a Honda Shadow 750. The 80 mile ride home on the Honda was soberingly uncomfortable when compared to the Cross Roads. Lots of vibration in 5th gear and hanging onto the throttle the whole way. I'm in negotiations for a red one with hard bags. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody have any thoughts on accessories? The bike is configured already with a mid size windshield and crash bars. With the $1000 credit I was leaning towards the speedometer upgrade, saddlebag protectors, heel shifter and heated grips. Still have around $250 left over.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
See if they can work it off the bike price? Maybe the stage 1 upgrade.

Sure you are gonna love it whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking about the Stage 1 Upgrade, but I'm not too into load pipes. I leave for work early in the morning and I don't want to be that guy that wakes everyone up. I did see someone posting about the Witch Doctors Baffles in the CR/CC forum. They seem to be a nice balance of rumble and not too loud at low speed.

They offered my $600 0ff the bike instead of the accessory discount, which I might just take as they're throwing in labor on top of the part cost which doesn't count in the discount.

I'll talk to the guy tomorrow and feel him out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waiting is the hardest part...

Well I reached a deal. Now I have to wait for the accessories to come in and get installed. This is gonna be a long week or two. On the other hand, my carry permit finally came today. Maybe I'll have to fill my free time with another hobby 'till the bike gets here.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's an easy way to pass the time while you're waiting. In fact, I think your two hobbies kinda go hand in hand!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts