Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove over 150 miles yesterday to pickup my (new to me) 2012 XCT . Absolutely loved the ride home . Could use some help with understanding the fuel mileage ?? Previous owner filled the tank . After 150 miles the Lo fuel light came on so I stopped and filled her up . It barely it barely took 4 gals . I plan on riding to Panama City this Friday and want to know what kind of mileage can I expect ?
I love reading these forums . I still have my Honda VTX, now for sale , and read their forum all the time . I'm sure this forum is going to be just as entertaining . Thanks for having me .

·
Registered
483 Posts
Drove over 150 miles yesterday to pickup my (new to me) 2012 XCT . Absolutely loved the ride home . Could use some help with understanding the fuel mileage ?? Previous owner filled the tank . After 150 miles the Lo fuel light came on so I stopped and filled her up . It barely it barely took 4 gals . I plan on riding to Panama City this Friday and want to know what kind of mileage can I expect ?
I love reading these forums . I still have my Honda VTX, now for sale , and read their forum all the time . I'm sure this forum is going to be just as entertaining . Thanks for having me .

Hi,

I'm also Ohio...[Milford] I have only had my 12 XR one year but seems to average 42-44 MPG. I usually ride pretty much the speed limit,etc So I'm not a hot rod...but don't tip-toe either.

Enjoy your trip...Ron

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hockeyref . I was using the fuel range and it indicated 60 miles when the lofuel light came on . I'm hoping to get over 200 miles before I have to fuel up . I'll be following a caravan of cars on the way down to Fla . Is this kind of mileage possible without me sweating ?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
200 miles is a stretch... 190 is about right. I like the fact the light comes on so early. It's protecting the fuel pump and keeping me from walking.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
From what I learned, you can't use over 5 gallons of fuel. Tried the other week to go as far as possible. It started sputtering at higher rpms. Got to the gas station and put a hair over 5 gallons in. Think I I had 212 miles on. It may be a 5.8 gallon tank, but that doesn't mean you can use all of it. So, the low fuel light coming on when you used about 4 gallons is a good spot, because you have about 1 gallon left of gas left before it will start to sputter.

·
12,970 Posts
the old owner might of not filled it all the way. When pump shuts off you can get another half gallon in all most

1 - 9 of 9 Posts