Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have been contemplating buying a bike for a few months now. I used to race ATVs and dabbled around on dirtbikes in the past. I am currently 30yrs old and figured I am out of the, "feeling invincible" stage of my life, and it was time to get a cruiser.

It all started this past Friday while I was browsing Craigslist. After some time, and not finding much of anything that interested me, I decided to try my luck on eBay. That's when I saw her. a 2007 Victory Hammer S. Problem was, she was in Florida, and I am in Texas. After talking to the owner, I decided to go get a trailer and book it to Florida. They guy was 100% honest over the phone as she was in unbelieveable condition upon arrival Saturday afternoon. We talked, exchanged goods for money and I was on my way.

I have now put a whopping 20 miles on her riding around my neighborhood trying to get used to turning this monster. So far so good though. Have a class scheduled for next week and hoping to take her out for a nice ride in 2 weeks or so. The bike only has 5080 miles on her BTW. The previous owner put two new tires on, had the 5000 mile service, new brakes, and detailed.

The only aftermarket items on the bike is a S&S intake and possibly Arlen Ness exhaust. Wondering if anyone could verify by the pic.

Looking forward to gaining as much knowledge as I can from here. I also know how to use the search, so I will keep basic and repeated questions to a minimum. cheers

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from south Oregon. You have one sweet looking ride, Good luck with her.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Welcome from NE Ohio...

That is a sweet looking ride and it sounds like you got a great deal on her.

Have fun and enjoy!!! It's going to be almost 70 degrees up here today so I'm going to finally break 100 miles on my bike... :grin Unfortunately, I've only had 2 semi-decent days to ride her since I got her.

Cheers!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Great looking bike ya got there and a sweet deal!
never seen an exhaust like that before, Really suits the bike stylewise!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. Already starting to compile a list of parts for once I finish my current project. Also, for those wondering, it looks like the exhaust is the discontinued Arlen Ness Slingshot. cheers

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth! I'm guessing East Texas? Judging from the sweet-gum trees and the whole ATV thing...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ft Worth as well. This was a pic from the previous owner. It was taken either in NC or FL.
Very cool, that is IMHO the best paint scheme on a hammer!. My Uncle has an 06 Hammer that is bright yellow(yuk). But I think he is about to sell his because he has almost $80k going into an LS3 powered '57 Chevy built from the ground up.

Maybe one day we can meet at Bronson rock and I can see it up close!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool, that is IMHO the best paint scheme on a hammer!. My Uncle has an 06 Hammer that is bright yellow(yuk). But I think he is about to sell his because he has almost $80k going into an LS3 powered '57 Chevy built from the ground up.

Maybe one day we can meet at Bronson rock and I can see it up close!
Right on. I work in Keller, so always going by there. Just got the title and reg done today, and got class scheduled Tues and Wed. I've put 20 miles on it just trying to get a feel for it. This isn't like riding a dirtbike lol. Turning is getting easier, but I know I am overthinking it sometimes, and that's when I get screwed up.

LS3 '57?! Sounds SICK! My project is an '03 Lightning. I pulled the engine 4 years ago to drop a built one in, but ended up tearing it apart and rebuilding it myself. swapped all parts with forged internals and ARP fasteners. Should have it running in another month or two.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Katy, Tx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome! Great looking bike!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice Hammer!

Welcome from the high desert of So-Cal. After you master counter-steering (a must with fat-tire bikes) head on down to hill country. Some of the best riding to be had!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts