Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum and a current owner of a 2012 HD night rod special. I joined this forum for information on Victory cycles due to a near future purchase of a green Victory Magnum. I want to learn about engine modifications, custom touches, etc. Heard this is the forum to learn all there is to know!

Here is a link to my current cycle: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170774&highlight=

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this forum and a current owner of a 2012 HD night rod special. I joined this forum for information on Victory cycles due to a near future purchase of a green Victory Magnum. I want to learn about engine modifications, custom touches, etc. Heard this is the forum to learn all there is to know!

Here is a link to my current cycle: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170774&highlight=
Where in Wisconsin are you from?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum , going from an HD to a Victory has been known to increase your IQ by up to 50% .:Dcheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha! I'm still retaining the V Rod my friend, the Victory will be a secondary scoot. I am from Kenosha area.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
In Kenosha you are not too far from the Vic Shop. They are located in Adel Iowa and are one of the better known performance shops for Victory motorcycles. This is the results of a recent visit I made to Adel and suffice it to say that I left lots of performance on the table. My budget did not include any exhaust mods or cams and such. I got what amounted to a stage 1 air cleaner and a PC5 with a dyno tune for under a grand. I now have this sneaker that looks and sounds stock. Don't even think about challenging me on a stock HD. Before this I owned a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra and a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. There is no comparison. You just can't beat a V-twin that is still over 100 ft-lb at 5200 RPM.

For bling you will need to go to Witchdoctors or Kewl Metal. Both have plenty to choose from for a Victory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.
In Kenosha you are not too far from the Vic Shop. They are located in Adel Iowa and are one of the better known performance shops for Victory motorcycles. This is the results of a recent visit I made to Adel and suffice it to say that I left lots of performance on the table. My budget did not include any exhaust mods or cams and such. I got what amounted to a stage 1 air cleaner and a PC5 with a dyno tune for under a grand. I now have this sneaker that looks and sounds stock. Don't even think about challenging me on a stock HD. Before this I owned a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra and a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. There is no comparison. You just can't beat a V-twin that is still over 100 ft-lb at 5200 RPM.

For bling you will need to go to Witchdoctors or Kewl Metal. Both have plenty to choose from for a Victory.
Definitely good numbers for utilizing the stock exhaust. As far as the "don't even think about challenging me..." I am not quite understanding the purpose of that statement. Are you generalizing or directing that remark toward me? I own a power cruiser from HD not a bagger. I would rather own a XC than a Road Glide for a secondary bike hence joining this forum. Not looking to cause any controversy or hostility.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
B , don't take it as such ... Always be aware , you are on a VIC Forum ! thumb up A lot of the guys here also have an HD , don't take any of it personally , especially from Oldman .:ltr: cheers No offense at all Oldman !cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome. VRods are nice rides. I previously owned Harleys for about 15 years. Had a Raider mixed in there while I still had the 03 Wide Glide. Anyway, if you have researched them at all, you already no the story. I will tell you this though, my XC is the best riding bike I have ever owned. I agree with above too...once you start riding your Vic, the Harley will be pushed in the corner for bar hopper duty.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wait. If memory serves me the Vrod isn't a real Harley anyway. I'm just playing man. Just regurgitating some idiotic BS some hardcore HD friends of mine like to spew out.

I think you'll love owning a Victory and I agree that your Vic may become your primary ride very quickly. Welcome to the forum and to the Victory family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all! Oh trust me, I hear it all the time with the "REAL" Harley owners about how my V-Rod is not an authentic Harley. The ol' lady's father always busts my balls too so I politely challenge him to a race and suddenly the conversation ends; same story with most of the Harley riders. Or they try to brag about how their friend's stage blah blah blah screamin' eagle yadda yadda yadda will walk all over my bike.... :ltr:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts