Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to forum from New Hampshire here, I am thinking about a Victory for a new bike in a year or 2 so thought I would get a head start on learning a little about em to increase the ole knowledge and know what to look for and ask when speaking to stealers.

I Currently own a 2009 RG and love it, just passed 51k miles. I love to tour once a year for about 12 days so I am only interested in a bagger. I have ridden down to the Dragon a few times, went to Niagara falls and upstate NY, and I am riding out to Sturgis this year and back. WOO HOO.

Anyway I kind of like the Cross Country and it seems to grow on me more and more every time I see one. Does anyone know if Victory intends on making a frame mounted fairing in the future?

Anyone heading to Sturgis this year? cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
find a 2013 or wait till clearance on the 2014's. I bought a 2013 Judge and 2013 Highball in August last year, when they were ready to release the 2014's. Both demos, both came with extended warranties, clearance? saved 5k total.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Vic already makes a frame-mounted fairing bike; the Vision. It was a close runner-up in my latest buy decision.

All I can say is, ride one (you didn't say whether you have or not). Then you will know for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. Vic already makes a frame-mounted fairing bike; the Vision. It was a close runner-up in my latest buy decision.

All I can say is, ride one (you didn't say whether you have or not). Then you will know for sure.
Ahh I did not realize those were frame mounted but looking at it now I can see it. Honestly I am not that fond of the styling on the vision as much as the CC. What did you end up buying?

Thanks for the info gbrockel, when I am ready I will definetly look into used or leftover, I have seen alot of Vic's with low mileage around here surprisingly cheap but most are Kingpins and Hammer types, not alot of CC's

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Ahh I did not realize those were frame mounted but looking at it now I can see it. Honestly I am not that fond of the styling on the vision as much as the CC. What did you end up buying?

Thanks for the info gbrockel, when I am ready I will definetly look into used or leftover, I have seen alot of Vic's with low mileage around here surprisingly cheap but most are Kingpins and Hammer types, not alot of CC's

I could not resist the allure of the Cross Country :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

Like Broggyr said, yah gotta ride the Cross Bikes and the Vision to really know which one best fits your riding style. A Vic Demo ride event is the best way, because they offer $1K off during the Demo.

I came off Sport Bikes and when I rode the XC I was shocked at how well it handled as a 750 pound bagger. The Vision handles really well too but, the storage is, well, there is no storage. :D

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts