Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone I'm new to the forums and I'm looking forward to living life on the road with ya'll even when I'm chillin in front of my screen, computer, not wind, 'screen.' I bought my 04 Kingpin "Vicki" in 2011 with 14,900 miles on the odometer. 4 years later the odometer read 48,158 as I shut her off tonight. I am wondering if I need to be planning on having to replace my timing chain before long? Ideas? Insights, experience? I want to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome from MA. cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome. Been ridin the hell outta that thing huh? You shouldn't need to replace the timing chains. If you feel the need to replace them, get new guides and tensioners too. They're easy to time if you put new chains on, nothin to it.

Not really a whole lot of maintenance, may want to change your fork oil, check all your wheel bearings and steering head bearings. Clean the throttle body, check air filter, etc.

Plenty of good info on here. Enjoy the ride!cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got my '05 Kingpin 1/29/14 with 45k on it. I'm at 76k now. Clean the throttle bodies (Witchdoctors has a good how-to video on youtube) every other oil change. You're probably due for a belt. Do you have the stage 1 upgrades? Specifically, the K&N air filter. If so, clean and re-oil that puppy every other oil change as well (K&N makes a handy kit for that carried by most auto parts stores). In addition at 48k the fuel filters should have been changed by now. If not, get it done. Dirty fuel filters can cause issues that'll have you chasing your tail trying to fix. Other than that, as the saying goes "Ride it or Repair it".

·
12,970 Posts
Never heard of timing chains going out.
I wouldn't replace the belt if it looks good. Every time you change the oil clean the belt with soap and water.
grease shift linkage.
clean throttle bodys look for dried out rubber plugs cracks in throttle boots and hoses
Open up your master cylinder and see how dark the brake fluid is. If its not real light color go to auto store and get some new. With turkey baster suck fluid out of master cylinder put in new and bleed. Yes it will take a few times.
Grease lube the hell out of your clutch lever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts