Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2013 Hammer 8 Ball. Now I just have to wait for the factory to send it to the dealer. Ill just be drooling over the pics on this site till then.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new Hammer 8 Ball. thumb up

I noticed you're in Clifton Park, NY. I'll be staying at one the hotels there and riding to Lake George each day for the Americade Rally.

Any chance you'll have your new scoot before the rally is over?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure if the bike will be here in time or not. If your staying in Clifton Park for americade I would suggest taking rt 9 north each day to avoid the 2 or 3 motorcycle checks on 87 north. The police are getting worse every year at these checks during americade.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure if the bike will be here in time or not. If your staying in Clifton Park for americade I would suggest taking rt 9 north each day to avoid the 2 or 3 motorcycle checks on 87 north. The police are getting worse every year at these checks during americade.
Thank you for the Heads-Up! thumb up We prefer to meander along vice taking the hwy. Besides the sobriety check points, what else is 5-O looking for during the rally?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There checking for the normal stuff like, loud exhaust, dot helmet, if you wear a half helmet you better have dot approved glasses. Stuff like that. You will have a great time there. In the news in this area there is tons of complaining and threats from americade organizers every year to pull out of the area over it. Besides that the rally is nothing but fun with lots of great rides. If you are legal there is nothing to worry about. Enjoy the rally.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
There checking for the normal stuff like, loud exhaust, dot helmet, if you wear a half helmet you better have dot approved glasses. Stuff like that. You will have a great time there. In the news in this area there is tons of complaining and threats from americade organizers every year to pull out of the area over it. Besides that the rally is nothing but fun with lots of great rides. If you are legal there is nothing to worry about. Enjoy the rally.
Thanks, brother. I did some reading after you mentioned the 5-O check points. Me and the Mrs. wear the appropriate gear and although not the stock exhaust, it isn't bat **** loud. We're looking forward to the rally and the rides. cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Welcome from CT. This will be our 14th Americade -- first on the Cross Country Tour.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome from CT. This will be our 14th Americade -- first on the Cross Country Tour.
Hello Broggyr,

Me and the wifey are newbies to Americade. We decided to take the whole week off from work and see what its all about. Hope to see you up there. cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
We will be heading up Saturday and leaving the following Sunday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
We are leaving the res on Mon 6/3 and stopping near Rutland, VT for the night. Up early next morning and riding to Lake George. We depart for home on Sat 6/8.

Ride Safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts