Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just joined after checking out Victory's this weekend, and I gotta share this... sorry if it's lengthy.

First, I'm still riding my '06 Vulcan for the moment.
I love my bike dearly, but a touring bike, she is NOT! And after going on several great touring trips through the years, I'm hooked, and a touring bike is what I've decided I NEED!

So, I figured this race would be between the Goldwing and the HD Ultra Classic or Electra Glide...
But the GW just didn't impress me like I thought it would (plush but not really changed through the years much)... and the HD's just seemed... stale (not trying to bash. I have a buddy who rides an '11 StreetGlide w/ the 103, and it IS a very nice bike. I was just looking for something else I guess).

Then, I discovered BMW's new entry into touring, the 2012 K 1600 GTL, and that bike has been at the top of my list. Until I rode one...
I'm 6'4", and I just couldn't get comfortable on it. It has some of the coolest tech ever put onto a 2 wheeled machine... but if it isn't comfortable for me... whats the point? (and yes, I know it comes with a taller seat option, but I still believe I would be cramped. Felt like my feet were locked in place with nowhere to move them).

I even checked out some of the new 1700 Vulcan's. ...almost did it for me, but I'm already on a Vulcan, and I'd like to try something different.

Figured I'd looked at all the major Touring players... for some reason (ignorance probably) I neglected Victory.

Had some time Saturday and went into the dealership and checked out the '12 Vision and the new '12 XCT.

And a funny thing happened... now I can't seem to imagine myself owning ANY OTHER BIKE!

So much room to stretch out (both Vision and XCT), extremely comfortable bikes. Good road manners and performance. I could go on, but most of you here probably already know what I'm talking about.

So now for the last of my tough decisions...

Vision or XCT! :D

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
So now for the last of my tough decisions...

Vision or XCT! :D
Hey, welcome to the forum! Either way you end up deciding, you're getting a great bike. Test ride both first, and let that be the deciding factor. They'll both speak to you on the test ride. All you have to do is listen. ;) cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

I would vote for the Cross Country. ( I have never ridden a Vison...) I have put lots of miles on my XC.

I'm in Lenexa, so if you wanna talk bikes, I'm close by.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I've ridden both, and bought the Vision....

Olathe, KS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice and the input guys.
Crossroads, I believe you. Either way I decide, I know I'll be getting a great machine.

Ridinman, I live up in the Northland, but I'm always ready to talk, or ride!

and Gunslinger, I'm currently leaning toward the Vision too. Styling has really grown on me, plus I like that power windscreen.

...these are tough decisions, but at least they are the kind I enjoy! thumb up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm happy to say I am now the owner of a new 2011 Victory Vision in Vogue Silver and Black!

I picked her up Friday 28th, and have been riding her ever since! :)

Wow! What a great machine!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm happy to say I am now the owner of a new 2011 Victory Vision in Vogue Silver and Black!

I picked her up Friday 28th, and have been riding her ever since! :)

Wow! What a great machine!
Congrats. Enjoy your new Vision! cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
KCVic,
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new ride. thumb up

Got the Toys for Tots ride this Sunday out at Rawhide. I get a lot of positive comments when I park my Victory on the HD lot. As of today, the weather guessers are thinking Sunday's going to be nice.

·
Registered
442 Posts
congrats! pics!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts