Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New member intro

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Michael T. 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Chris from NY. Just picked up my first bike, a 2016 Magnum. Just started riding and love how the bike handles. Been into sled, quads and dirt bikes, now time to ride the road. Been on the forum for a few months just trollling, thought it would be time to make my appearance known.

#5 ·
Welcome from Batam Island.... Stay off the snow with that Magnum, hi hi

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#6 ·
Welcome from Jacksonville, Florida! The Magnum is a nice bike! Enjoy it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Dirt!

Been a dirt rider. That always helps! These bikes are big, but they can and do handle good. I know in the dirt I tend to use the rear brake a little more. Remember for the street try and use that front brake, just some friendly advise. Some people who have not ridden in the street much like to use the rear brake to much and then they say they had to lay it down. People can always go to an empty parking lot and practice braking and turning with their nice new bike. Just wishing you a good time with your new bike and keep the shiny side up. Enjoy the ride!

#9 ·
Been a dirt rider. That always helps! These bikes are big, but they can and do handle good. I know in the dirt I tend to use the rear brake a little more. Remember for the street try and use that front brake, just some friendly advise. Some people who have not ridden in the street much like to use the rear brake to much and then they say they had to lay it down. People can always go to an empty parking lot and practice braking and turning with their nice new bike. Just wishing you a good time with your new bike and keep the shiny side up. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks for the advise. I took the MSF course, learned a lot there, and after I took the magnum out to the school parking lot. It's a big difference handling that over a 250 at low speeds. It's an awesome bike, I love it!!!!

#11 ·
welcome from central NY!!!

#12 ·
You picked a fantastic motorcycle for your first one. Congratulations and welcome from TN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.