Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI folks took a decade before I was able to purchase a Victory 8 Ball, only to find out they are closing shop. Unfortunate.

I live in Southern British Columbia ......... Lot of rain and cool winters, so most only ride six to 8 months. Soon to retire and have always admired the Ness designs.

Bought the Victory 8 because of the reviews by owners which were pretty damn good.

Have a question that I hope someone can help me with. Engine paint, it is flaking off in places and is a bit of an eyesore. Would like to refurbish but find out that the proper paint must be bought in twos. Two cans of the matte black and two cans of clear coat for 180.00. I see no threads on this subject and have to assume others have may have found alternatives. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
426 Posts
HI folks took a decade before I was able to purchase a Victory 8 Ball, only to find out they are closing shop. Unfortunate.

I live in Southern British Columbia ......... Lot of rain and cool winters, so most only ride six to 8 months. Soon to retire and have always admired the Ness designs.

Bought the Victory 8 because of the reviews by owners which were pretty damn good.

Have a question that I hope someone can help me with. Engine paint, it is flaking off in places and is a bit of an eyesore. Would like to refurbish but find out that the proper paint must be bought in twos. Two cans of the matte black and two cans of clear coat for 180.00. I see no threads on this subject and have to assume others have may have found alternatives. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks much!

They sell actual cans of engine paint for bikes, from the wrinkle coat finish to smooth. Harley sells them as well since they have blacked out bikes. I thought, but cannot be sure...that Polaris did as well.

Check Ebay and Amazon, or call a bike shop close by.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada....

Not sure about the paint but no doubt you'll get lots of advice and direction from the awesome members here!!!

First snow on the ground here from Friday....hoping to get another ride or two in before bedtime comes this year...!!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Welcome to the fold from another denizen of the Pacific Northwet. Is it possible for you to take and post photos of the paint problem you are referring to? I'm curious how that began--pressure washers maybe? If so, that's not good.

·
13,033 Posts
make sure you clean motor really good. Look for engine paint. Do the whole motor if you want it all to match

1 - 5 of 5 Posts