Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon folks. My name is Mike and yes I do read the rules...lol. I just purchased a 2016 Victory Magnum X1 Stealth Edition over the weekend. I bought the bike in Tampa and rode it home to Pittsburgh. ( The folks at the dealership thought I was nuts.......lol) I've been riding bikes now for about 15 years, I just never owned a cruiser. WHAT THE HECK HAVE I BEEN MISSING?????? I still have my sports bike but these things are complete night and day. One of the biggest questions I have is..........What do folks recommend for upgrades and why? This was a used bike with 6k miles on it. The previous owner replaced the exhaust and put a Vance and Hines slip on the bike. That appears to be the only upgrade done to this thing. What are your thoughts? Oh and yes I'm already upgrading the sound system, so I figured why this thing is in pieces I might as well get everything done at one.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hello Mike ;) I bought my XC with 6k miles in early 2014 and now am pushing 60k. The Magnum XC's come form the factory with the "stage 1" already done, That's slightly higher flow air filter, EPA compliant flash tune to the ECU and slight higher flow muffler(which are already replaced with the excellent V&H mufflers). The Magnum's also already have the LED headlight so your good to go there. Since you have the fairing off, good set of bars and grips will be nice improvement in comfort and feel.
There's also whole lot of untapped performance in that engine ;) A Lloydz high-flow air filter, a set of VM1 cams and tuner(PowerCommander-V / Maximus) with a solid tuning..and you'll have a ripper thumb up

edit:
so rude of me to forget a link to start spending your money ;)
https://lloydz.com/products/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm already $5K in audio upgrades since I love to ride. I might as well add another $5K in performance upgrades. Now if I could only get someone to donate me the money......lol.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
The best and also the cheapest upgrade you can do would be my laydown license plate bracket. It is everything the others aren't and will improve HP, MPG and is an awesome chick magnet. Click the link in my signature and one will come to your door...bracket, not chick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts