Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have had my eyes on a Cross Country for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger. Was able to lock in an 2016 with 2.5K miles and comes with 1 year warranty and just had all work completed and a new rear tired installed.

Also comes with Stage 1 Victory Tri-Oval exhaust. Now just waiting for it to be delivered.

Not a major rush but I know I have a couple things I would like to add. I would like to upgrade radio to have BT capability and I would like to add cruise control which does not see to be the easiest thing to find. Where can I locate the kit these days? Lastly, I wouldn't mind getting a 21 front tire. But that all depends on how I like the current feel.

Anyways, I am happy to be here and look forward to getting a lot of knowledge from you all.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I love the grey black combo. Had one at local dealer that was demo they still haven't sold. Looks like some kid dumped quart of oil all over engine.

Bluetooth can get one of those 20 pin adapter to get basic audio input.
Magnum radio swap is possible but you need the full radio harness and radio etc. It's easier to go with one of the people online that make aftermarket stereos modified to fit the screen area.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mister704 and nice looking ride...you'll love it... I have the 30 pin connector in the saddle bag that lets me run bt from phone on the bars thru the speakers...works well ...Not sure about the cruise mine came with...
I'm sure some members will have some input ....

ride safe,

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Mister704 and nice looking ride...you'll love it... I have the 30 pin connector in the saddle bag that lets me run bt from phone on the bars thru the speakers...works well ...Not sure about the cruise mine came with...
I'm sure some members will have some input ....

ride safe,

Rob

Nice. Can you provide me with this pin? I'm trying to see what you guys are meaning by 20 and 30 pin.

And for the life me I cannot understand why every since one of these bikes didn't come with cruise control. Almost doesn't make sense. I've never had it but I can see the benefits on long hauls which is the pure of this bike.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice. Can you provide me with this pin? I'm trying to see what you guys are meaning by 20 and 30 pin.

And for the life me I cannot understand why every since one of these bikes didn't come with cruise control. Almost doesn't make sense. I've never had it but I can see the benefits on long hauls which is the pure of this bike.
My mistake it is 30 pin. The old iPod connector. I just bought a used iPod on eBay and I get random playing tracks and no fooling with phone.

It's possible your bike does not have it. Check the saddlebag for iPod connection or headphone jack.

You can only buy those used.

Possibly it came with cruise and removed and sold off. Sometimes you can find a used set off a bike on eBay or Facebook.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Like Indy said the setup now can only be found used to the best of my knowledge but if it's in your right saddle bag,, one of the old iPhones with 30 pin will work or you can get one of these...I have used this and it works fine although on my Iphone i can't push ahead to a new song via BT like I could if the iPhone was plugged in...i'm told that if you have an android phone this feature works with the link I've added...

BT device

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks, looks like I found the right tool. CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter will do me fine!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Welcome! That bike's a beauty, and I think you're gonna love it :)

I'm in the same boat with cruise control. My 2014 Cross Country 8-Ball has none either. After a hunt, and turning Witchdoctor's loose on it, it seems there are no more new kits available, and Victory isn't putting any more together. I've been haunting eBay for a month or so, snapping up the necessary parts as they pop up from bike strippers. As soon as I have everything, I'll hook it up :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are you sure that is a 2016? I’m not entirely sure but I thought the 2016 in that color was an X1 and your picture is of a regular Cross Country. It looks like a 2014. In 2014 Vic made that color at a lower price point by leaving off cruise and ABS brakes.

Check with The Vic Werks for cruise . They buy salvage Vics and resell the parts. You can find them on Facebook. Also on Facebook are a number of groups where owners and vendors sell new and used parts. You might look there as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure that is a 2016? I’m not entirely sure but I thought the 2016 in that color was an X1 and your picture is of a regular Cross Country. It looks like a 2014. In 2014 Vic made that color at a lower price point by leaving off cruise and ABS brakes.

Check with The Vic Werks for cruise . They buy salvage Vics and resell the parts. You can find them on Facebook. Also on Facebook are a number of groups where owners and vendors sell new and used parts. You might look there as well.
Based on all research and Vin number, it's a pure 2016 CC. Nothing I have found said its a XC. As well, I reviewed a few gray ones and all were regular. Actually not sure I even remember finding a XC in my country wide search.

Will track down a cruise control for sure.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've had cruise on mine for two riding seasons. Bought bike last year. I rarely bother with it. A cheap throttle boss is far more useful to me. Cruise only when I need to give my hand a break. Not that I'll part with it I'm happy it's there but even on a 600 mile day I might use it only a couple times for short periods.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I thought all cross country's had cruise control standard. I don't understand what the reference CC - XC. In 2010 they came out with the cross roads and cross country. They never referred them to XR or XC. The Victory riding community started referring to the motorcycles as XR, XC.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Nice looking bike you have there. Many happy miles and big smiles.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Based on all research and Vin number, it's a pure 2016 CC. Nothing I have found said its a XC. As well, I reviewed a few gray ones and all were regular.
You are correct. I looked it up. They did make the gray as a Cross Country in 2016.

I thought all cross country's had cruise control standard. I don't understand what the reference CC - XC. In 2010 they came out with the cross roads and cross country. They never referred them to XR or XC. The Victory riding community started referring to the motorcycles as XR, XC.
I believe he meant X1 not XC. Vic made some non-8 Ball versions that had the radio but no cruise nor ABS and sold them at a lower price point. This practice seems to have been limited to the gray and white colors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the upgrades have began.

Grabbed:

Lloyds Timing wheel and Reusable gasket for $80
Full cruise control kit shipped with installation instructions - $300
Geza Motorcycle Cover - $95
CoolStream Duo BT adapter - $25
Corbin Seat (pending pictures)

Guess I should probably wait until I finally get the darn bike in huh.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
@mister704 where did you find the cruise control kit? I've been hunting for one for awhile.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Damn. I'm not on Facebook, and refuse to sign up for it. Guess I'll need to keep looking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn. I'm not on Facebook, and refuse to sign up for it. Guess I'll need to keep looking.
Hey I hear ya but sometimes you got to make that change for what you want. Just keep the account pure minimalist just for stuff like this. I literally pinged them about a full kit and they had just sold one, so I said keep me informed if you get another. Less than 24hr, got one...ping me, and I said I'm buying it now.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Nah. Facebook is entirely too shady about what they do with data for me to ever put an account back there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts