Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in the market for another ride, hopefully in 2012, and am giving serious thought to a Victory. Back in 2005 after some struggle, I got the wife to agree to a Harley, and now she wont even look at anything else. So this will be another battle to deal with when the time comes, but Victory has had my eye since they came out. Now that they have had a chance to work out the bugs, Im wondering just how many of you are Harley converts, and how well you really love the Victory?

Back to snooping around.....

Look forward to seeing the responses.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Welcome. As far as the wife goes.Just take her to a Vic Dealer and test ride one or two. The difference is notable ,IMHO.
Never owned a Harley.But the ones I have ridden, have all felt top heavy to me and just don't seem to handle as well. They do have a better fit and finish though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I only got 100+ miles on mine and I likes it. They are a little different. I have had 14 Harleys since I started riding them in 82. They have all been good. When Victory came out with the Cross Country Tour that got me eye and I decided to go ride one. Wrong thing to do. About two weeks later I bought one. They got that saying right Ride One and You Will Buy One. I don't know what model you are interested in the short time I have had mine you do have better wind protection and it does ride smoother compared to the 09 Ultra I had. Ride one you just might like it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Past Harleys

I have owned an 05 Road Glide and rode it for just over a year, then went to an 07 ultra glide classic, and again rode about a year. Then life took a turn for the worst and I have been without a bike for about 3 years. We visited a Victory dealer a year or so ago and sat on a vision. I was impressed with the comfort right of the bat. We were scheduled for a test ride the following weekend, and yet again life took a hard left on us, putting our plans on hold yet again. Now the Cross Country Tour has come out and I am really wanting to look at it close. Life has settled down and thing look very promising that a new bike could be in the garage within the coming year. Once a few more thing fall into place, we will begin the closer look. We have already riding the 2011 Harley models and were impressed with the changes they have made, but something is still guilding me to the Victory. Time will tell. I just wanted to give a brief background on our situation so as not to be looked upon as a troll, but someone who truely values opinions of those who have gone thru this and made thier choices, and why. I alread have spent HOURS looking at past posts to find what im looking for but, still nothing that really does.
Thanks folks for those who have replied.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Ed,
I had an 07 Ultra Classic before riding a Cross Country. Now I have a Cross Country.

I like to ride hard curvy roads and the XC leans so much further in the curves its almost spooky. The power and handling are greatly improved. Can ride all day and get up the next day and do it again, very comfortable to ride.

Take one for a ride, but be ready to ride one home soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts