Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so i've been looking at a 2013 highball and went and saw the bike this last week. It had stage 1 shotgun exhaust and what he said was a stage 1 intake on it and it had been remapped by the dealer. Then he said he pulled the baffles out. so my question is, does the bike need to be tuned or flashed with the removal of the baffles or is it fine. The bike sounded fine and did pop a little on decel but only when i cut the throttle rapidly. Do People run them without the baffles without a reflash usually or do the do a reflash after. Thanks for any responses.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
It should be ok the way it is. If you notice it running hot you should consider getting a Power Commander 5 and have it dyno'd or get the Auto Tune module or find a good MAP from someone who has the same set up.

If the O2 sensors are still connected you could disconnect them to force the bike into an open loop condition which will richen up the AFR mixture.

My 04 is of the pre-closed loop variety and set up about like the one you are looking at and it runs great. I never felt a need to look into more performance like I did with the heavier XC. If you find you like the way it runs with the O2 sensors disconnected; you should probably pull the sensors and put plugs in their place then save the sensors.

Welcome to the forum!

·
12,970 Posts
ask if he has the baffles. If not there are plenty of place where you can get baffles. Ask who made the pipes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts