Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. I own a 2015 vegas 8 and would like to network to get advice on upgrades. Also definitely would like to find other vic riders in my area. Currently I am navy in san diego area. Where are the best places to ride? Looking for new exhaust to give the best performance increase but not a fan of increasing the sound profile. I currently love the sound of the stock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
If you were limited to only one performance mod, hands down, it should be the Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Best $150 you'll spend on your bike. It comes set at +4 degrees and you can leave it there. Web ordering, get their reusable gasket too.
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet from an old salt. Comm Tech 1954 to 1962. The genuine Old Navy. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you were limited to only one performance mod, hands down, it should be the Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Best $150 you'll spend on your bike. It comes set at +4 degrees and you can leave it there. Web ordering, get their reusable gasket too.
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet from an old salt. Comm Tech 1954 to 1962. The genuine Old Navy. :)
I will definitely check this out I have seen some other guys talking about this mod, but would you mind explaining a bit more what exactly it does?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome to the forum that cost me way too much money on modifications lol

The engines' timing is not optimized for performance, it's optimized for EPA regulations. It makes the engine run very hot while not producing peak power. These machines absolutely hate being lugged, and are usually well-behaved only at about 2200 RPM and higher. Bumping up the timing greatly improves the low end torque and smoothness of the engine. For about $142 (or $162 with reusable gasket), it's the best bang for not a lot of buck.

Of course, "once you start down the mod path, forever will it dominate your destiny" (Yoda rode a Vic) :D

Funny: I didn't do ANY performance mods to my Goldwing and I had that for 10 seasons lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum that cost me way too much money on modifications lol

The engines' timing is not optimized for performance, it's optimized for EPA regulations. It makes the engine run very hot while not producing peak power. These machines absolutely hate being lugged, and are usually well-behaved only at about 2200 RPM and higher. Bumping up the timing greatly improves the low end torque and smoothness of the engine. For about $142 (or $162 with reusable gasket), it's the best bang for not a lot of buck.

Of course, "once you start down the mod path, forever will it dominate your destiny" (Yoda rode a Vic) :D

Funny: I didn't do ANY performance mods to my Goldwing and I had that for 10 seasons lol
That's a pretty good explanation and thank you all for the welcome. I have actually been on this forum for months but could never figure out how to post lol.

This mod looks like a fairly easy one to convince the mrs. to let me buy. How easy is it to install diy or dealership?

I also read about a 115 ci bore increase any opinions on that?

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
This mod looks like a fairly easy one to convince the mrs. to let me buy. How easy is it to install diy or dealership?
I also read about a 115 ci bore increase any opinions on that
If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can install the timing wheel. There have been threads about it. We're here to help, just ask and ye shall receive all kinds of helpful info for doing projects and spending that big paycheck of yours. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha big paycheck indeed! I'll do a bit more of a search into this and see if I can handle it. Thank you again

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
RICZ said it best. First time out, taking my time, it took me 40 minutes start to finish. Now I can do it in about 20. Just be sure to take your time and DON'T FORCE ANYTHING. Go on YouTube and look for videos by Paul Pomerleau, he has one that covers it I think.

EDIT: Found the video.
https://youtu.be/2S_rTuKFWZI

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I'll just add that as Ricz says it comes set at 4 degrees advance and best to leave it there....but make sure the bolts are nipped up as they're shipped out only tight enough to not move in transit but when fitted to your engine they need to be tightened up correctly, possibly with a little loctited as 4 seems the best setting,that's what my Vegas is now set at.
There's many mods to get your bike breathing better, it's just a matter of the right combination, all the info is here.
Welcome to Victory and to the Forum from a member Downunder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much I am very much considering this seems definitely worth it. One other thing when will I know if I need a fuel controller?

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Thank you very much I am very much considering this seems definitely worth it. One other thing when will I know if I need a fuel controller?

If all you do is the timing wheel you will not need a controller. Its when you do pipes and freer intake you will. Maybe.

·
12,968 Posts
If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can install the timing wheel. There have been threads about it. We're here to help, just ask and ye shall receive all kinds of helpful info for doing projects and spending that big paycheck of yours. :)
youtube has videos

·
12,968 Posts
These bikes are American made right? Parts should be easy to get in America lol or at least i figure it should be
No they're not American made. There American assembled from parts from other countries

·
12,968 Posts
They are American made... There are going to be parts that are made in other countries. The Victory has more American made parts than a Harley Davidson.
So they say but do they really

1 - 20 of 21 Posts