Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A series of bonehead moves-

1. walking the hound last week, I slip on wet grass & jam my left thumb

2. Running the hound on my bicycle yesterday (at a fair clip I might add), she see's a rat dog on the sidewalk & beelines- crossing my front wheel in the process.

Over the bars I go.

I rash my left sholder, elbow, & knee, bruise my ribcage, jam my right thumb.

(both dogs came out unscathed) (so did the bike)

3. Decide my injuries will not hinder my operating my XR, take it to storage instead of the truck.

4. Leaving storage, need to make a quick sharp left & right from a standstill.

5. Bike is in 2nd, not first, bike stalls. Over she goes.

6. I bounce on the same elbow I just took out.

Silver lining? I now know I can get this bike back on it's feet, bad thumbs, bruised ribs & all. Very limited damage in the line of sight- time for some cop bag bars fo sho!!

So, I got that goin for me...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome fellow TOC member!

These things happen and it's good to hear you and the XR made it through the tip with minimal damage. As far as the pre-tip damage you may want to hire a dog walker...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome fellow TOC member!

These things happen and it's good to hear you and the XR made it through the tip with minimal damage. As far as the pre-tip damage you may want to hire a dog walker...
Thankya, but I'll walk her thru the pain... Pain & I are real close- we spent many a lonely day together, just him & me...

Ya know what's good about pain? It feels SOOO much better when it goes away!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
What is this pain going away thing? Is it supposed to go away? If so that would be damn nice! I spent most my career lifting things I should have used a forklift for and trying to outwork the young guys so I am WAY too familiar with pain. I guess since I can't get anybody to help with the back problems and the fact that the VA sends me a monthly disability I might as well keep it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is this pain going away thing? Is it supposed to go away? If so that would be damn nice! I spent most my career lifting things I should have used a forklift for and trying to outwork the young guys so I am WAY too familiar with pain. I guess since I can't get anybody to help with the back problems and the fact that the VA sends me a monthly disability I might as well keep it.
ya know, I sense a certian kinship with you... you're like the big brother my mama never had or sumpthin...

I'm off to tempt fate again with another dog/bicycle jaunt...

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Glad to hear the XR, the pooches and your bicycle are okay. My thoughts are with your thumbs and elbows. cheers

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I joined the TOC after tipping my XR over the 2nd or 3rd week I owned it :eek:. Stuppid move on my part. It happened in my shed. If I would have went for the XC I may have taken out the fairing. Thankfully the bike suffered no damage. I did not get the kick stand down correctly and when I was getting off she decided to go on over,but I caught it for the most part,hit the clear windshield with the work,bench,no damagethumb up.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
This is something we may never know for sure. There's a pretty good chance the mailman transferred; where or when he transferred to is a mystery...

By the way "big brother" implies that I'm older than you. It's obviously that the majority of people here have a much younger mental age than physical age but if you ask any women they'll all tell you that no men act their age. As far as physical age goes I may/may not be older than you but chances are with your fresh bumps and bruises I bet you feel older than me!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ha I'll be 47 in August! Retire doesn't mean old for the first one but since I'm working on my second one I may be getting a few years on me...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha I'll be 47 in August! Retire doesn't mean old for the first one but since I'm working on my second one I may be getting a few years on me...
sorry, I thought I read one of your posts where you said you were quite a bit older... my bad ...:crzy:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No offense at all! Honestly if I was twice as old as I act my wife would still tell me I'm being immature. Of course doubling my maturity level would put me at about 18 on a good day!

So how about you being the big brother instead?!?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
well greg, you have a new member if you let me join.
ran 200 miles today and was putting it away.darn
kickstand sure folds easily.those front and rear guards
are designed perfectly. lands right on both.had to have my
wife come down and help get it [the bike] up. could not
lift it by myself.got to figure out a way so the stand doesnt
fold up just by looking at it. or just not pull dumb a-- tricks.
--irv

saw no damage done! thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the TOC Irv! I know it's nothing to get excited about but it is good to see the highway bars/bag protectors are doing there job. Thank you for sharing the details of your incident as this will let others know what to watch for.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the TOC Irv! I know it's nothing to get excited about but it is good to see the highway bars/bag protectors are doing there job. Thank you for sharing the details of your incident as this will let others know what to watch for.
^^^what he said!!^^^
cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts