Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - just picked up a 2001 v92c. Belonged to a good friend who didn't ride it. Has less than 1,000 miles on it and a bunch of stale gas in the tank. Going to clean it up, give it it's first oil change and take it for a ride. After that - looking to swap out the exhaust for something with a little attitude but not too obscene. Anyone have suggestions? Any slipon options or need complete system?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Definitely drain all that old gas out, won't hurt to run some sea foam thru it or some other kind of fuel system cleaner. just to be on the safe side. I have rpw slash pipes on mine, but I think they are a little loud for what you're looking for. Might try eBay or something and look for stage 1 slip ons or something

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ghost - I got the old gas drained and some fresh put back in. Runs a little rough. I'll get some fuel system cleaner and run that through. I'll check ebay for stage I slipons. Was hoping to get the longshot look with a blunt or slashcut on the ends. Its definitely too quiet as it is. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome Brother cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks Ghost - I got the old gas drained and some fresh put back in. Runs a little rough. I'll get some fuel system cleaner and run that through. I'll check ebay for stage I slipons. Was hoping to get the longshot look with a blunt or slashcut on the ends. Its definitely too quiet as it is. Thanks again.
Another thing to check is the rubber throttle body boot, between the throttle body and the jugs. Also, on the right side of the throttle body there's 2 90degree elbows that have vacuum caps on them. Check and replace the caps if they're cracked or missing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing to check is the rubber throttle body boot, between the throttle body and the jugs. Also, on the right side of the throttle body there's 2 90degree elbows that have vacuum caps on them. Check and replace the caps if they're cracked or missing
Thanks again Ghost - Appreciate the tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts