Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am new to the site but not to Victory or Motorcycles. I do have a question though what are your opinions on the High Ball Im looking at getting one just didnt know how they ride.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've ridden both, never owned either of them. But IMO the highball will be a slightly better ride because of the narrower back tire. That is if your hammer is an 8 ball. If it's the S or standard hammer it should have the longer shock. Then all bets are off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
Love my highBall, wish I would of got it sooner. I had some concerns with the apes, but after riding a couple of miles it felt natural. Far more comfortable than my Harley.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I just demoed a highball. It does turn easier than a Hammer because of the smaller tire. I didn't like the bars. Too high for me. My arms were getting numb. My Hammer bars are perfect for my riding comfort.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site.
Let me put it this way, if I could have sex with my High Ball, I would, that's how much I love her.
Like most if not all Victory, she is well balanced, feels light and very easy to manoeuvre. The apes are totally awesome. It took me barely a week or two before my shoulder were used to it and now, I wouldn't buy another bike without mini apes, it is so much more cooler and truly changes your attitude. Riding a bike with a regular handles now feels boring and dull.
At any rate, I find that in recent years, apes are found more and more on bikes like FLHX.

Mine keeps getting better and better. although I changed recently because of a incident at my job. I had 35 000km with my 2012. only things were 2 broken spokes and a voltage regulator.
I have the Vic Stage 1 straights. Like them alot because they are louder and deeper but still legal. If you plan on playing with your engine, people will tell you to go aftermarket cuz vic stage-one is restrictive.

Have fun!cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Love my highBall, wish I would of got it sooner. I had some concerns with the apes, but after riding a couple of miles it felt natural. Far more comfortable than my Harley.
Agreed it's the most comfy bike I've owned. Compared to a stock hammer I'd guess the seat height and bars are the main ergo differences. Add the extended victory Vegas peg mounts and a shorty exhaust and you'll be able to throw it around unlike about any cruiser on the market. It leans beyond my comfort level easy enough before scraping. Plus it's just plain badass. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts