Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is scott. I am on the verge of buying a new victory. I have lots of questions and lots to learn so here i am.

·
12,970 Posts
Welcome
at the top is TOOLS you can find advance search there for what model your looking at.
If no help come on back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Test drove a 2014 cross country tour yesterday. I loved it. I felt so comfortable on it. I think its because the foot rests are out in front so much further forward than Harleys. I went down to the harley shop right after and rode a road glide. I couldnt believe how much more comfortable i was on the victory. I definitely want to get a victory but i need a solution. I took my wife for a ride and she kept sliding foreward and had trouble keeping back up against the back rest. So this made it uncomfortable for her. Does anyone have a solution for this? Im thinking some kind of a skid proof pad for her to sit on or something like that. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Adding the seat rest for yourself helps with that. It will keep her from sliding forward and give her a small storage space to put important things on the ride (hair thingies, smokes, wallet, hankerchief). welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reply Encmerk,

I am personally not a fan of the back rest for the driver but thank you for the idea. Is there any other seat options? Are there aftermarket seats that fit the cross country tour? Or would it be to much of a hassle to swap out?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Test drove a 2014 cross country tour yesterday. I loved it. I felt so comfortable on it. I think its because the foot rests are out in front so much further forward than Harleys. I went down to the harley shop right after and rode a road glide. I couldnt believe how much more comfortable i was on the victory. I definitely want to get a victory but i need a solution. I took my wife for a ride and she kept sliding foreward and had trouble keeping back up against the back rest. So this made it uncomfortable for her. Does anyone have a solution for this? Im thinking some kind of a skid proof pad for her to sit on or something like that. Thanks
Welcome scorcher, we don't have that problem as there's not as much room on the back of a Vegas as on an XC, and my girl sits up close to me anyway most if the time.
Seat shouldn't be slippery though, hasn't been armor-alled or anything has it?
Is she wearing a slippery fabric, or jeans or leathers?
I'm presuming also she's sliding forward under heavy braking, does she slide back when you hit the gas as well?
Maybe an Airhawk would help the sliding and add extra comfort on longer rides as well.
On the other hand my lady was on the back of a Streetglide for a 400 mile ride and hated it's thin uncomfortable seat and the way it sloped back she was afraid of falling off the back as well as not liking the footrest positioning on the HD.
Only other solution is tie her on the Victory but she may object :-o
What did she think of passenger comfort and stability on the HD?

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Hi new here ride a hard ball
And welcome Jeff3000.
Hardball is a bike I like too.
They only sold 26 of them here in Australia.
A few more posts and you can put up some pix of your machine.
Dunno if there's a specific Hardball section in here...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

I took my seat to a local upholstery/seat lady... She created a dish for my lady to rest her tight little ass on... While the seat was there, she lowered me down an inch and forward an inch. We also added some gel for myself and the F.O.L. So I got a fully custom seat done for under $400. The cost was low cause we re used the stock cover. By the way F.O.L. stands for fuckin ole lady.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts