Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a custom chopper, made by the now defunct company called 'Proper Chopper'. Prior to that I had a 2005 Big Dog Chopper, of which I put 87,000 miles in the 7 years I owned it. So far I've put 22,000 miles on my current chopper. I say all this just to present the fact that I ride a lot!

Being I do ride a lot, and am leaning towards a more reliable bike than one that just looks nice, I am seriously considering the Jackpot. But don't get me wrong... I think the Victory bikes look great!!! The chopper just has that unique look and feel.

I really like what I see in the Victories though, as they are not only great looking bikes, but unlike the custom built choppers, with all their vibration and such, they seem to be very well engineered. Will perhaps test ride one this weekend.

I doubt anyone has made the transition from a chopper to a Victory, but In the rare instance that one has, I'd love to hear your experiences.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There ARE a number of rake kits available for the Jackpots to help them look even more custom so check into that while you research it

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Until the end of October , Vic is offering a 3000.00 rebate on the 2013 leftover Jackpots .... NOW is the time to buy one !:Dthumb up Oh , welcome to the forum too . cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebate offer on 2013 bikes...

Thanks for the heads up on the $3000 rebate on 2013 models. However, I believe the $3000 would come off the selling price of $18500, and if I'm not mistaken, the new 2014 Jackpot goes for $16000. So even with the rebate, the 2014 is only $500 more.

Perhaps waiting until the end of next year would be wise as I could then maybe get some sort of rebate on the 2014 bikes. Problem is, I don't know that I could wait that long!

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the $3000 rebate on 2013 models. However, I believe the $3000 would come off the selling price of $18500, and if I'm not mistaken, the new 2014 Jackpot goes for $16000. So even with the rebate, the 2014 is only $500 more.

Perhaps waiting until the end of next year would be wise as I could then maybe get some sort of rebate on the 2014 bikes. Problem is, I don't know that I could wait that long!
No, the rebate's paid by the factory. So your statement here only hods true if you have zero negotiation power when you walk into the dealer, and are willing to pay sticker for either bike - which, by the way, you should not.

You will get a good discount off the 2013 plus the rebate. And you could get some discount of the 2014 as well. It's October, when the sales are slow and the prices are low. :cool:

Also, the cheaper 2014 comes with spoke wheels and tubed tires, along with a less desirable headlight, which should be good if you plan on going with custom wheels / headlight, but not so good if you plan to keep it stock. ;)

·
13,172 Posts
what ever you do get them to throw in the first 500 mile oil change for free you'll save a good 200 bucks

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am new to victory as well. I went from a bobber to a antifreeze green cross country. I like the old school but man, i am soooo happy with this bike. In 2 months I have put almost 1500 miles on it. Plus the ole lady can ride with me. I kinda wish I'd done it sooner. Also if you're looking for rake kits kewlmetal.com should have everything you need. Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
victory YES!

victory drivetrains are said to be very reliable with their modern technology. i would suggest going to a test ride at a victory where you can try them all, sometime one looks better but another rides better, best to test!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hi!
If im not mistaken, the 2013 jackpot doesnt have diamond cut engine but the 2014 do. The diamond cut is a must have!!!!!
You are likely mistaken. Only the Ness bikes have the diamond cut heads but is ALL the Ness bikes. That feature alone was one of the things that drove me to buy y '11 Ness XC. I am not certain how far back that goes as i don't think that the '06 or '07 Ness JP's had the Diamond cut heads but I am fairly certain that from '09 to the present all Ness JPs have had the diamond-cut heads as a factory feature

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be swinging by Arlen Ness here in Dublin today to pick their brains about the Jackpot, especially the differences between the '13 and '14 bikes, and what the Ness bikes have. There's also a big motorcycle show going on in San Mateo in a few weeks that I'll attend. I believe Victory will be there, so I can get even more info.

Thank you everyone for your input. I'll keep checking this forum as it appears to be a great source of info. Ride safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts