Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2011 Cross Country on Saturday, and I want to set it up to use my Android phone for audio. Does anyone have any recommendations on where else I might find the following connector? EBay and Amazon all seem to be out of stock. I figured I'd ask here before paying full price.

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/3233/victory-motorcycle-parts-stereo-accsys-cross-country-magnum-roads-motorcycles-auxiliary-audio-cord-sc-778/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update. My local Victory dealer was able to order the part for around $45. $20 cheaper than Witch Doctors! Just give your dealer the part# 2877196 and they can look it up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I recently installed the aux adapter...just be mindful that you will have no controls of the system other than volume. You have to start and set the playlist on your phone before you head on the road. All that you can do is control the volume.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to this and some other forums, I'm aware of that. I'm also not aware of any other options which would give me that control. I'm going to put a RAM and X-Grip on my bars, so I can skip tracks at a stop light etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently installed the aux adapter...just be mindful that you will have no controls of the system other than volume. You have to start and set the playlist on your phone before you head on the road. All that you can do is control the volume.
Aeron, any chance you recall what color the plug already on the bike was? There's already aftermarket audio on the bike, so I'm not seeing the black caps referenced in the installation directions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased a $10 bluteooth FM Transmitter from Amazon. I put my playlist on a memory card, and plugged it into the power socket in the dash. If I want to change the song, I just reach up to the adapter and press the button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I purchased the Aux cord from my Victory dealer for $40 ($30 less than Witch Doctors) and installed it last night. The cable under the fairing has a white end on it, very similar to your turn signal connectors.

I had considered Bluetooth options, but AUX uses less battery power. I also use a Google Play subscription rather than MP3 for my music, so the memory card option doesn't work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, I just saw your question...I am nowhere near my bike right now, but all I had to do was unplug the ipod pigtail and plug in the aux pigtail. It works great. I think there were actually two, or three plugs under the right rear fender. (my setup runs through the right bag) The aux pigtail only plugs into one or two of them. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts