Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! new member to the site, and a question or two about Victory bikes. I own a 2003 Yamaha Midnite Venture bagger and looking for a smaller run around town bike. I found a 2007 Vic Kingpin with 20K miles. Been on a dealer lot as a trade in for about a year. It has a couple minor scratches and scuffs, no worries there. What, if anything, should I check for? Ive owned Road King and Fatboy before, but was tired of drying oil spots in the garage. Does the powerplant need constant attention or can I dust it off, ride and get back with no worries? Going for a ride is at least a 200 mile round trip, not the two mile round trip to work. :D

Thanks all in advance for the help and answers, keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I can't help with your questions though, there is a ton of great people with a ton of knowledge on here. In the meantime, give the search a quick whirl for the Kingpin, or visit the kingpin section. Lots of stuff to sort through in there.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome ! cheers

·
13,263 Posts
maybe one a year you will need to clean the throttle body's
witchdoctor has a great video on how to

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
maybe one a year you will need to clean the throttle body's
witchdoctor has a great video on how to
Yes, what visionjohnny said, every 5k miles, clean throttle bodies. If you find an '08 or newer, that pain goes away as you don't have to clean them.

Here's the aformentioned video.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
As stated before, clean the TB's every other oil change. Otherwise ride the crap out of it. I also advise a full or modular helmet. It greatly reduces the amount of bugs that'll get in you're mouth. No, you won't stop smiling while you're on it.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
cleaned my 2010 throttle bodies at 14,000 miles while I was fitting the Ness air filter and they had a bit of dirt on em so later models aren't totally immune.
so what causes the TB crap on the earlier bikes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts