Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, on my fourth MC since 2003 and best so far, 2017 Victory CCT. I picked up in June with only 1,800 miles. The main chassis harness went bad so in the shop right now but luckily under main warranty.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Welcome aboard. In the past 9 years of being on the forum and others, I never heard of your problem. What caused it? Re-installing the seat wrong?
Reply to this and one other and you are golden. Its done to prevent bots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I knew. The bike came with a Mustang predator seat and took it off many times to add brake leds lights for the saddlebags, amp in the trunk, Scorpio alarm and adding drivers seat backrest mount. I was very careful and the dealer could say they found any evidence so sunbiited the warranty claim and approved within an hour, would have cost $1,200 otherwise.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....enjoy your new ride...8)

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was at the neck in front of the tank. Apparently over time, the turning action of the handlebars caused the shielding around the wires to be torn and thus a wire to also be rubbed to where it became bare and caused the short, the ganglion of wire that goes from front to back reminds me of the human intestines.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That is really odd. With all these bikes it seems if that was an issue it would have come up many times.
I guess you are the lucky one.

Can you post pic of this problem area?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts