Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome...new to Victory or just the site?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New to the site? Have owned Cross Roads since 2012. Frustrated right now with check engine light.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just another post and you're good to go. Any symptoms to go with the check engine light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None. I did an oil change and washed the bike. Everything was running fine for the first thirty minutes then the check engine light came on. Bike is still running good but the light is on and can't be cleared.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Black electrical tape over it or remove the globe, not hard to do, I put a dimmer hi-beam warning light in my Vegas cos it was too bright.
Or you could if you're on good terms with a dealership plug into digital wrench and find the cause..

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Just saw you washed the bike!
Rains ok, but they don't like being washed.
Get some spray detailer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to the dealer. No help. They couldn't clear the codes and didn't give any indication on what could be the problem, just told me to run it.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Well if a dealer can't help they're useless.
One thing I dislike about high technology modern automotive stuff is all the diagnostics bullshit.
Remove the globe if a dealer can't help.
The engine light is useless anyway if it's on all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
And stop washing your bike.

·
12,970 Posts
try battery bolt 10 mm wrench see if there tight. or unhook both and rehook to see if code goes away

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where in cenral Wisconsin are you located? I'm in Wausau.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome From Black River Falls I had the same issues with check engine light I did a TPS reset And light went off Mine is a 06 Not sure if that works for all years

1 - 16 of 16 Posts