Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Victory Vision street model...mostly stock with 10K miles on her. Since I have had her she has provided me with many pleasurable worry free miles...until last year when I pulled it out for the spring riding season. The foot brake went to the floor when the brakes were applied. Took it to the shop and they bled the brakes. Things went fine until I pulled it out this spring when the same thing happened. Is there anyone who has had this problem and if so tell me what the remedy was. There was no sign of any leakage on the floor or around any of the fittings. Please advise.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try pumping the brake pedal to see if the pressure built up again? Kinda sounds like a bubble that takes a while to show up and only when sitting long enough.
Bob,
Yes, I watched the shop bleed the brakes and they did a good job. The mechanic has had over 20 years of experience. They pumped it up and had good solid peddle many times but he wanted to make sure there was no air in the lines.
I'm thinking it is either an O-ring that has gone bad or a connection that has become loose although I have checked the fittings and they seem good. I have also heard someone say to put seal tape on the bleeder screw...maybe I will try that.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you are having a fluid leak, you would be able to see evidence of that. Any wet spots on the bike? Dust will also cling to brake fluid. Do a good visual inspection. Check the bottom of the caliper for evidence. You can also park the bike and lay paper under where you think a leak would be over night, that will show you if there is a leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ridinman-
Thanks for the reply. I have already inspected the system more than once carefully and all is clean with no indication of a leak anywhere. I have never experienced a loss of function in a brake system without some sort of evidence of leakage. I'm wondering if the lines themselves are inadequate.
Thanks,
Flyboyrv8

·
12,968 Posts
I had the same thing last year. Bleed the front breaks using the read pedal. Never did find a leak or any things wrong with the lines. Rear re savor was full of fluid.
Works great now so have not messed with it just ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same thing last year. Bleed the front breaks using the read pedal. Never did find a leak or any things wrong with the lines. Rear re savor was full of fluid.
Works great now so have not messed with it just ride.
What is the read pedal...just wondering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts