Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for anyone with a 2006 Hammer or Vegas with a stock exhaust. I think my Hammer has stage one mufflers on it. They look stock but I'm getting some backfiring and popping when I back off on the throttle quickly. Could some someone with a stock exhaust measure their outlet on their mufflers and let me know what the diameter of the outlets are? I thought it sounded a bit loud when I purchased it but was not sure. I've noticed I can look up inside the mufflers and see a long way into the interior.
Thanks to anyone coming to answer my question!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Can take a picture and post it here ?
That might make it easier to identify ....

Welcome btw .

Peter

·
12,970 Posts
check your exhaust flange bolts they could be lose

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can take a picture and post it here ?
That might make it easier to identify ....

Welcome btw .

Peter
You want me to take a picture? I can tell you the outlet diameter of the mufflers that are on my bike. They appear stock but the exhaust outlet is 1 1/2". They look just like the stock pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Might not stock pipes by the sounds of it. If they look the same as pictures on the net I'd be willing to bet they are victorys slash cut or shotgun exhaust. Unfortunately without spending your hard earned on remapping your fuel management you're going to get some backfiring on deceleration. You can of course try changing your riding style by instead of chopping the throttle try leaving the revs up slightly and using a tiny bit more clutch. Also I found on my 8 ball by disconnecting the o2 sensors it all but stopped my backfiring, hope this helps man.

·
12,970 Posts
Its not the size of the outlet, we want to see the pipes themselves

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You really need to post a picture , don't worry about 02 sensors , you don't have them on your bike ...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its not the size of the outlet, we want to see the pipes themselves
Who cares what the pipes look like.....he's wondering if his "stock" appearing pipes are either slip ons or modified OE.

Here is a pic of the outlet on '06 Hammer pipes. Mine were the same size.

Attachments

·
12,970 Posts
Who cares what the pipes look like.....he's wondering if his "stock" appearing pipes are either slip ons or modified OE.

Here is a pic of the outlet on '06 Hammer pipes. Mine were the same size.
why don't you tell him if they look like this then YES there slip on's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are stage one slip ons. I just got the stock mufflers. The stage ones have a 1 1/2' outlet. The stock have a 1".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts