Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After retiring, I took up riding about 3 years ago (instead of sitting on a park bench, feeding pigeons). I just moved up from a Suzuki Boulevard c50t to a 2008 Victory Vegas 100cu 6speed with Stage 1 exhaust.
I installed a National Cycle Chopped Windshield which really improved my ride. I also purchased a Lindby Multibar Engine Guard but ran into a problem installing it. The instructions were sparse and since I am a novice I hope someone can clarify one of the points. It says "install the U-shaped aluminum brackets around the down tubes with the supplied 8mm bolt's (it may be necessary to loosen up the 2 nuts at the front header pipe to get enough clearance to install the clamp). Is it safe to do this and is there anything to be aware of? I'm probably being overly cautious but I really don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks for reading this,
win88
2008 Vegas 100cu 6 speed
Stage 1 Exhaust

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your unique way to avoid becoming the pigeon guy!

Yes it is safe to loosen your exhaust just make sure the flange is seated completely and the clamp is straight before you tighten the nuts back up. Also you may want to spray some penetrating oil (not the same kind a really weird pigeon guy would have on hand) on the exhaust bolts before you try to loosen them. This may/may not be necessary but it also may keep you from snapping off your exhaust bolts. Repeated heating and cooling tends to decrease the strength of the bolts and they snap off much easier than you would expect.

Best of luck and welcome to the world of DIY!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts