Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

i am recently the proud owener of 2 victorys.

My wife rides an 2007 vic hammer with what i believe are the victory stage 1 drag pipes and s&s air cleaner. Stage 1 mapped. With mbw front and rear. 5000 miles

i just picked up myself a 2009 vic jackpot premium. Sunset red.( beautiful color i may add) . I believe it has the victory stage 1 swept pipes. S&s air cleaner, hid headlight. Digitgal speedo and tach, and probably more i havent found yet. 1600miles

i have an issue and cant speek to my dealer untill monday and was hoping you guys could help.

(2009 jackpot) i was having alot of popping which led me to believe that i had a lean condition. After researching i found to un plug the o2 sensors and this would help richen it up. I did this and it has seemed to help as far as the popping gos but i would have delt with that.
What scares me is i am getting a ping/detonation noise starting around 2000-3500 rpm depending on the load/gear i am in.. I was told the bike had a revtech dfo ( digital fuel optimizer) which if it does i cant find it.
I originally thought maybe it was bad fuel so i emptyed the tank and put fresh fuel in it and it still does it. Now i am thinking i have a bad map flash..

Can any one please help . All input would be greatly apprciated.

Also i know my issue should have been posted in the tech forum but it wont let me post there yet since im a noob.

Thanks in advance - jim

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I don't have the answers but this will give you something to respond to. If nothing else it will help get you past the 3 post minimum. Best of luck; I'm sure someone on here will have the fix.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. It is very discomforting to hear the ping I am afraid I will harm my motor. Also I can't edit a signature. I don't have the option to.. Any advice

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Jackpot2009
Had the bike been setting for an extended period when you got it?

You said you put in fresh fuel, did you make sure to use 91? Sorry to ask that but pinging under load can be an octane issue and you had not mentioned the rating.

After you have your initial posts, you should be able to edit your signature and post in other threads.

Welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jackpot2009
Had the bike been setting for an extended period when you got it?

You said you put in fresh fuel, did you make sure to use 91? Sorry to ask that but pinging under load can be an octane issue and you had not mentioned the rating.

After you have your initial posts, you should be able to edit your signature and post in other threads.

Welcome to the forum. cheers
I imagine the fuel that was in it was from the previous owner that would have been put in when he put it up. I did refuel with 91oct. Still pings. I noticed on my way to work tonight that I notice it more in 5 and 6 gear around the 2500-2750 range with a light load on it. Could this be a timing issue or does it sound more of a fuel mixture issue. I'm debating on getting a pcv and possibly the auto tune. Where would the best/ cheapest plAce be to get a pcv. Is the auto tune nessacary? Can I get by with a map from dynojet? If I get the auto tune can I use the single band or do I need the dual band? Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts