Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very interested in the new cross country tour model. Lots of questions hopefully you guys can help. Looking for a comfortable two up bike. Is the stock seat comfortable for rider and passenger? Does anyone know what changes will be made to the 2013 models? Whats the odds of getting a leftover 2012 model or does that happen with the cross country tourer? I presently have a 2006 Yamaha Roadliner set up as a solo. Wife had one as well. We sold hers and Im trying to sell mine and shes decided to be a passenger again. The cross country is very appealing to us as a comfortable two up that could easily convert to a bagger if I wanted to go out and ride with the guys on the weekends. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. So far this bike looks like the best thing out there to fit our present desires.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your decision to look into Victory!

To answer a few of your questions:

-Comfortable two up - yes for 99%
-Driver/Passenger seat comfortable - yes for 99%
-Changes for 2013 - Victory is tight lipped so they won't say anything til late July.
-Leftover 2012 - yes you can find one but color and distance may be factors.

Please note that your "convert to bagger" idea will not work unless you are talking about the ability to ride with/without the trunk. The saddlebags can be removed for cleaning/maintenance but you can't operate the bike without them. The highwaybar lowers can also be removed but from what owners have said it's not a quick change.

·
12,970 Posts
You'll find out that in the motorcycle world no one nows what will be in the coming year model bike. All of the company's are very secretive about whats its going to be.
I don't know how old you are but I do know most who buy a crossroads in time wind up buying a cross country.
Why cause they find out how great touring is. You don't say where you live but most couples will take a long weekend trip to some place and before you know it your taking a week or two to see our great country.
Now days there is no such thing as a old mans bike cause every one is customizing baggers and riding. Yes before you know it there will be days of 300 mile trips or better just to get a burger at some out of the way place.
Buy the cross country and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I was referring to being able to take off the touring trunk and ride without it or a passenger. I sort of figured the changes for 2013 would be kept secret til late July. I'm really curious to see what they offer on the 13. What should I consider as a good price for a 2012 leftover with tour trunk and arm rests? Or what kind of discounts could I expect to see?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought the 2012 pearl white Cross Country Tour.
I also just retired from law enforcement where part of my tour was on Harley Police Bike. I have also logged several long trips with the wife on a Harley Ultra Classic.
We planned to buy a new Harley (planned for seven years) upon retirement UNTIL I tried out the Victory Police Bike. Also my brother has owned the Victory King Pin since 2005.
I compared a lot of things, including the police bikes, but the final selling point was the test ride. My wife (5 feet tall) and I rode a Cross Country Tour and a brand new Harley Road Glide the same day with the plan to buy which ever fit us the best.
We bought the Victory.
Her heels will not go solid down against the floorboards on the Harley, even in highest position. With the Victory in the middle position, her heels are down and her knees are level or above level. The seat and saddle bags do not cut into her legs like on the Harley.
I also like the large driver floorboards on the Victory (with the ghost heel shifter) that give you so much room to move your feet around into different riding positions. You don't even "need" highway pegs because you just stretch your heel up to the corner of the board and let your foot tilt out naturally.
I also now have to wear my Harley Rain pants and gaitors on my Victory (I think it's good advertisement for Victory)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG how strange is this? Im LEO as well. Wife is 5'2!!! Havent owned or rode a Ultra just never cared for HD's. Your post was very helpful. Im pretty much sold on the Victory and believe it or not I was looking at the Pearl White Cross Country Tour as well. So ironic....just sold my 2006 Yamaha Roadliner Pearl White delivering it tomorrow and picking up the cash. Im waiting on July for sure to see what they do with the 13's and may not purchase til Dec. or even next spring. Watching classifieds for any bargains and waiting on Victory to release the changes on the 13's. Im in no hurry right now to buy. Retirement is still 3yrs. away so the longer I wait the newer the bike will be for touring.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I wouldn't expect to see a lot of changes for 13 in most of the Victory line-up. F course there will be a large number of people saying the Vision needs bigger bags or the King Pin is going to get axed but they'll just be repeating what they said last year. You'll probably see some new colors on existing models and maybe some new options but for the last couple of years the biggest changes were new models release mid year (High Ball / Hard Ball).

Victory tends to watch the forums and occassionally complaints on the forums turn into changes on the affected models. So speculating changes based on comments about the XCT I for one would say they may add a power windshield.

BTW I'm a Leo too but it's by birth rather than occupation. Will that be enough to get a break on a ticket?!?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm also retired LEO (a good portion on my tour was on bikes . . . Trek & Cannondale though wac ). I just bought a 2012 Cross Country Tour. Girlfriend is 5'10" and a bit round, so we just wouldn't fit on any Harley or Kawasaki we tried (and we tried them all!). The Vegas was the most comfortable solo bike (the Dyna Wide Glyde a distant second). The Cross Country Tour and the Vision were the most comfortable 2 up bikes. We just couldn't wrap our minds around the looks of the Vision though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my first post in this thread is about a year old. UPDATE!! Purchased the Boardwalk Blue 2013 XCT. Just finished the break in miles. Taking it to the dealer this Saturday for the 500 mile service and to get the 2" pull back bars installed. Im really loving this bike. Did 200 miles this past Saturday to finish getting the 500 break ins out of the way and I noticed minimal shoulder pain so I know the 2" pullbacks are gonna fix that. Not butt pain. Wife hasnt rode more than about 70 miles total in one outing but so far she hasnt complained either. Im now 2 yrs. away from retirement. Dont want to wish time away but Im ready to be done with it all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts