Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name is brendan, and im new to this forum. i have not yet owned a victory, but i am looking to buy one. i am a soldier, and im in Afghanistan. i am looknig to buy one when i get back to the states.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forum and thank you for your service! When you get back do some demo rides and let the bike pick you; Victorys sell themselves - the dealers are only there to fill out the paperwork and take your money!

Make sure to go to the Victory Motorcycles website and print out your Military Salute coupon so you can get the discount. While you're there look up the demo truck schedule and see if you can get to your local dealers while the truck is there and possibly qualify for additional discounts!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks man, i appreciate the info. im actually looking to buy a used one, while i like the new ones, they are a little more than i want to pay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
welcome to the forum branden, and i second that thanks for your service, victory treats service men and vets great, what ever bike you chose i am sure you will be happy with there great rides, me i am off to the gazebo for a beer and i will have one for you branden hope we see you soon cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me i am off to the gazebo for a beer and i will have one for you branden hope we see you soon cheers
hey, this made me laugh, before we deployed, my boddies and i used to always hang out and party at the gazebo in front of our building.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Good thing you caught that...

Used bikes aren't tough to find and are usually pretty solid. Victory build sturdy dependable bikes for sure. There are classifieds on this forum that are pretty active.

A lot of people are going to see your intro so it wouldn't hurt to let everyone know what model are you looking for, where are you located and what you want to pay. We may find a bike for you before you get back. Of course you'll still have to pay for it though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right now i am looking for a vegas, preferably with the 100 in motor, for under 8 grand. this is going to be my all around bike, im not really worried about looks, cause i will probobly change it later anyway, just looking for a bike that will get me to work and back, and also do good on the highway when i want to get out and cruise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck over there. My neighbor's son is an MP somewhere in Afghanistan. Check with some of the dealers when you return for a deal on a demo. I bought an '11 demo last year and was able to get a good deal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
come on Brendan wears home town, like where does your hat hang when you get home from work, just watch how many people will help you with a contact for when your feet come back to earth ;) hope its me, well off to the gazebo for beer and a cheers for you and your buds

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gid day Brendan

Firstly stay safe over there.

Secondly welcome to the Forum. You will find a heap of information on the Victory range and everyone is willing to help.

As the others have said do demo rides and don't forget your service discounts. I have the XCT mainly becasue I'm a tourer type (and have come from a HD Ultra Classic). The Vegas is a a great bike also and really lends itself to after purchase mods if you want.

Anyway look forward to hearing and seeing what you get back when you get back home.cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Schlep, im stationed out of Fort Bragg NC. as i am a single army guy, i dont really have roots anywhere, but i do have some family down in florida, near Panama City.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i also spent some time in the 82ed, me not airborne:confused: i was a leg worked on choppers, now this was back in the mid 80s long time ago, i guess i am showing my age, great dealer in fay, Wilmington, and down near the beach, and victorys are getten bigger and bigger in this area all the time, so i and i am sure others will start to look around for you, so let us know when you might get back to this side of the planet, well as you know i am off to the gazebo for a beercheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey schlep, dont feel bad about bein a leg, i am one too, doing the same thing you did. what airframe were you on, and what company/battalion? im currently in C co 2/82, working as a crewdog on a blackhawk.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you go brendan i have logged a few hours in a blackhawk, but most of my work was on the cobra, i know i know replaced long ago by the apache i was still in when it came out, great looking bird just never had a chance to fly in her, now the blackhawk was one hell of and upgrade from the uh-1h, that i got most of my time in, i was in the cav unit in the 82ed and worked over at the airfield, i am trying to remember the name of the airfield:confused:i also was in the 25inf div cav unit in hawaii and worked at wheeler army airfield, on cobras i might add, i also spent a few years in Virginia as an instructor on cobra maint, great job there!!! well got to go to the gazebo and have a beercheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey, its simmons army airfield now, dont know if it was the same back then, and are you talking about 1st battalion 17th cav? if so, i am attached to them for this deployment. on another note, you sure do spend alot of time at that gazebo drinkin beer, lol

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
VT,
You've got to work your way up in the world before you can send as much quality time in the gazebo as Schlep does!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
An hour after you get off the plane you should be headed to a dealership to pick up your new toy. After that you may want to lay off the beer for a while so you can spend more time riding the pi$$ out of it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts