Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a bit of lurking it is time to get involved. I am Tom and have a 2013 Vision. After years of riding the other US brand I jumped ship to Victory and can say only one thing. It was the right decision for many reasons.......

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
A big Victory Forum welcome Tom. Did you buy your Vision new?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes bought it new and many things motivated me to switch over. Heading into retirement in a few years, being on a fixed income, I still want to ride. My old Ultra was just not cost effective for the miles I ride and want to ride. Also the comfort was a big factor, my knees have taken a beating over the years in my profession jumping on and off moving trains for years in my early career. I found the leg room to be very nice keeping them from locking up on me during the long haul. Part that is crazy is I bought mine as a demo with almost all the accessories already installed. Added the tribal paint and minor mods to my motor, still having less cash into it than my 07 Ultra cost out the door. Bottom line it is a blast to ride again with out the pain in my wallet and on my body! :D

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
I find that many Vic owners have made the choice to buy one for practical reasons like yours. That was my case when I needed a lower seat height in order to continue riding, even though I don't like cruisers. But Ma Vic came up with a cruiser that a cruiser hater can love in the Cross Roads. Like you, comfort and not getting nickel and dimed was my priority. Sounds like we both made an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome aboard , and welcome to Victory !cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well after a bit of lurking it is time to get involved. I am Tom and have a 2013 Vision. After years of riding the other US brand I jumped ship to Victory and can say only one thing. It was the right decision for many reasons.......
From a fellow lurker, welcome!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I also bought a '13 Vision but have had it about 17 months and 18700 miles now. I don't miss my FLTRU one bit.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Welcome to the Victory crew.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many Thanks

Thank you to all that have welcomed me into the group. Haven't had time to stop by here account was out riding the Hill Country of TX the last five days!! :D Had a blast the best part was all the peeps that I ride with loaded theirs up on a trailers to head home, not me no way!! I left early and headed back out into the twisties for the first 100 miles and adding another 75 extra home to get another 350 miles in today. Great time logged over a thousand for the five days and have to tell you I really needed that for my soul....... cheers Also the "Dream Catcher" performed flawless by all accounts. thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts