Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so hopefully I get things right. I don't own a Victory yet but should have one in a few months. I use to be a die hard H-D owner until there was an issue between me and the company in 1995. Since then I've own several bikes of various makes and styles. I've test ridden the XC and have decided to get one, new or used before I retire. I've decided on the XC model because of the cruise control. I do mostly loner distance riding and because of an injury to my right wrist, CC is a must.

I'm looking forward to reading all the information on the forum so I know what to expect as an owner. Every bike I've ever owned has it's little quirks and issues so I want to be prepared.

Thanks,

Jim "V-Twin"

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome! The XC is an excellent choice. I am on my second Vic, the first was a Highball, second is a 14 XC. I only have a little over a 1000km on my XC and no complaints yet except the stock handlebars are the worst ever. There is a pile of knowledgable people on here to help with any questions you will have.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome CCT are great bikes. I'm addicted to ride the hell out of mine. It's going on 2 years old and has 19000 miles. I can ride 600 miles in a day and still feel great. The do have there quarks but nothing major. Best think you can do is get good slipon mufflers. Lloydz air filter, timing wheel, PCV, dyno tune. You will gain a good amount of power and run much cooler. EPA has them way to lean. If you want more power still some cams are the the ticket.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and best of luck with your search!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I've already found some great information about the XC and am looking forward to getting my bike and hopefully contributing some information as an owner...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
cheers..........

Attachments

·
12,970 Posts
Vtwin1602
with a bad wrist test ride one more then just once. See if dealer will let you have it for a hour. I test rode five different visions before I bought mine

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome indeed. You'll love the XC!

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts