Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being riding for a long time and mainly Harley. Tried the Victory CrossTour at Americade earlier this year. I did not like 2 things on the bike but otherwise it was fun. Which I had tried the Vision.

I am here now to learn more about Victory bikes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
wellcome . i come from mostly harleys over the years. bought a xr for a change of pace. lots of pros and cons. the vic kind of reminds me of where harleys were several years ago. now the harleys are so refined they seem to have lost their spirit. the vic isn't nearly as refined as my 04 rk was, but every time i ride it it puts a grin on my face. hard to explain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on an Electra right now. It is a fine bike. I tuned it and put the accessories on it to match my style of riding but now I am looking for what I believe to be my last bike. I don't think that I will be riding past another 10 years.

Quite a few years ago, I decided that I did not want to repeat the same motorcycle trips each summer so I try to go somewhere I have never been on each trip. The radius from my home has been increasing : ) It looks like the Vision would be able to take me to those places.

The first time I looked at the Vision, it looked weird. I did not like it at all. I did not like the Electra the first time I have seen it either but it has been my best bike so far. The Vision has lots to offer and appears to be lower cost to maintain. I got all winter to make up my mind.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the forum Grey. Bought my Vision in 09 prior to Sturgis run. Was able to pack clothes, tent, sleeping bag, and self inflating mattress for the run and have since made several other trips. Only hiccup so far in 35K miles was a leaking fork seal. Can't express how truly pleased I am to have purchased this scooter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Old Gringo,

Good point that you bring. I also travel with a tent and I was also at Sturgis this summer.

I travel with either a two man or four man tent for rallies. The poles from the two man tent fits in the Electra saddlebags. I need to put the poles for the four men diagonally in the tourpak. How do you pack your tent pole in the Victory ? Do they fit in either the saddlebags or the tourpak ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Grey, I travel with a 7 x 7 coleman sundome bungee'd to the luggage rack. Kinda resemble Jed Clampett headed for California, but it works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts