Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2000 V92sc a few days ago. Looking forward to riding it in the summer. I'm pretty excited to finally own a Victory. Looking forward to talking to everyone on here as I am sure I will have lots of questions.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome! I don't know about the older Vics, but I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Greetings Craig and welcome to the wonderful world of Victory. How many miles are on your new steed? What bike(s) did you have before?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! My new to me Vic has 14k miles on it. It needs some things but I should have all the little issues ironed out by spring/summer.

Currently, I have a 2013 Ninja 300, that was my first motorcycle and my worst. LOL! I had a 2003 Honda Magna that I bought after riding the Ninja for a year then sold it. I enjoy cruisers more because of my back and because they are much more enjoyable. I have been waiting for a while to get into Victorys and the V92 seemed like a good model to cut my teeth on. My brother is already giving me a hard time because I didn't buy a Harley. He has a Street Bob, so summer should be interesting.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
You'll be out riding your Victory while your brother is working on his Street Bob.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll be out riding your Victory while your brother is working on his Street Bob.:)
LOL! Thats what I tell him. I gotta get my Vic back to its full glory before I give him too much of a hard time. So far it needs fork seals, probably a battery, Push/Pull throttle cables, maybe an exhaust, and a brake lever on the handle bars.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
That'll keep you out of the pool hall for a while.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
My brother is already giving me a hard time because I didn't buy a Harley.
Enter my brother-in-law. Rode a 1981 Honda CB900C, then didn't ride for 20 years. Now he's a self-described "Harley Man" - got a Sportster in 2008, then a Fat Bob in 2012. Won't test ride a Vic because he "just doesn't like 'em". Likes to remind me how many Harleys are out there vs. Vics. I like to remind him of the number of years each company has been in business.

Nice enough guy, some folks just like what they like and that's OK by me.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
No accounting for taste, eh Broggy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts