Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday I am the very proud owner of a 2012 Cross Roads LE # 318.
I look forward to talking with other Victory owners. Does anyone know how many
LE's were made?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Victory Forums!

Unfortunately the exact number of XRLE's built may never be known as Victory is very tight lipped about production numbers. Look at it this way, you have a low numbered bike, a mid production bike, or one of the last XRLE's built!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Im likin seeing all the new members jumping on here with the new bikes... Sad thing is I keep saying "Oh man, I like that bike too"... lol... Well, the LE was the first Vic I seen when I walked into my local dealer a couple years ago. Very much like that as well and Im sure the next few nights will be restless... I couldn't wait to go pick mine up (it was out of state) and the ride home was amazing! Congrats and welcome, safe ridin on the the new Steed!!!

Tim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tim, your right I didn't sleep last night. Come to find out the original owner was a bike enthusiasts. I bought the bike from a Indian, BMW Dealer and they were not aware of all the upgrades. After I bought the bike I asked the dealer to call the previous owner about the history. This is what I found out so far (I'm going to call the guy later today)
Roland sands grips
D&D chrome exhaust
HID headlight
Back rest :)
Tach
Custom mirrors
Mitered handbars
Chrome cam covers
Custom shift and brake lever
Laydown lience holder
K&P filter
I'm proud to be a new member of the Victory Cross Roads family.
Happy riding!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alisa; welcome & congrats on your new (to you) ride ! you will truly enjoy every second of it ! i've had other bikes in the past, but the victory is the best i've had . but if you have not experanced it for yourself yet (one of the very few dislikes i've found) the victory has a problem with the brakes locking up the tires . in aggrasive braking . just abit of wisdom shared with you . anyway , enjoy and welcome from west phx, az.cheers

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You bought it in Worcester? If so, they are a good bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on the new to you XR LE! thumb up

·
Registered
530 Posts
Never had a problem yet on the front brakes and I have used them aggressively at least once. I'm not saying it hasn't been an issue for anyone as I really don't know but then again mine is a 2013.

That LE is almost the one I bought and it is indeed a great looking bike not to mention all the extra upgrades you already have on it when you purchased it which is nice.

It was hard for me to choose between it and the XCT so I choose the XCT as it suited me better since I was wanting to tour the country with my wife and this summer we will start slowly taking short trips here and there building up to a much longer trip.

Enjoy that new bike and congrats, ride safe!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I bought in Worchester and I agree they are a good bunch.
I almost bought the 2013 at MOMS (they made me a sweet deal) but I already had
my heart set on the 2012.
Thanks for the congrats and heads up on the brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Super new bike smile!

If you're interested in group riding, check out the fantastic folks at Mass-Bay Victory Riders. A++ group of Victory riders. cheers

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Alisa,
Good lookin'. And the bike looks nice too. One more item you might want to add are the lower wind deflectors that attach to the fork legs. I keep mine on year around as they work well in both summer and winter riding. They also do a great job of keeping legs and boots dry in rain. Not cheap, but well worth the price in comfort. Vic and aftermarket make 'em.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
As of yesterday I am the very proud owner of a 2012 Cross Roads LE # 318.
Congrats and welcome aboard!
I look forward to talking with other Victory owners. Does anyone know how many
LE's were made?
There were supposed to be 300. :confused: Are you sure you got #318? Maybe due to popular demand, they've raised the limit on this limited edition XR. :eek:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
VERY nice Bike Alisa & welcome to the insanity!!!!

Congrats and welcome aboard!

There were supposed to be 300. :confused: Are you sure you got #318? Maybe due to popular demand, they've raised the limit on this limited edition XR. :eek:
There goes another theory...

However, Over the years Victory has repeatedly stated that they would make "one each limited edition model (XR, XC, Vision, etc) bike for each dealership that existed" at the time the bikes were produced. I believe the first time I saw that was for the 2009 model year and I've seen that statement pop up. If that's the case then perhaps they had (at least) 318 dealerships in 2012, right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts