Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow victory riders, my name is Dave and I just picked up my brand new Octane a few days ago. I have to say I love the bike, and have been considering a Victory for a long time. Look forward to getting to know everyone, and even riding with people in the area!

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Hi and greetings for the Pacific Northwet. Tell us your impressions of the Octane, you are the first here to have one.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I didn't even know dealers had them yet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I love it. It's quick, nimble, turns on a dime, and even sounds relatively good for the stock exhaust. Between here and the *** forums I've only heard of 2 or 3 other people who physically have one. The seat is a little uncomfortable at times, but that may just be me, no one else has mentioned it. It shifts very smoothly, the brakes barely require any pressure, but I haven't tried clamp down on them too hard yet. My one concern however may be it's gas mileage. After only putting 75 miles on it, I got the low fuel light today. However I'm not 100 percent sure it was full when I left the dealer, so I'll keep an eye on it. I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions about it though.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
If your fuel light is anything like our fuel light, you'll still have 40-80 miles before you run out lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that's true, that would mean the light came on after approximately half a tank. My theory is it wasn't full when i got it. Plus still in its break in period, so I'll hold judgement for now haha

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don't know where you are but greetings and welcome from N.Alabama. That is one sweet machine and you're one lucky guy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
06 Jackpot Rebuild

Hi everyone. I'm Kris. At the end of last year I purchased an 06 Jackpot basket case. It was originally hit in the front by a SUV. Since my purchase of the bike I have swapped out frames for a Hammer and rebuilt the bike from the bottom up. Purchased all the components to replace the bent/broke ones except a new front brake rotor. Now the only big issue I am having is getting it to start and the turn signals to work. The guy I bought it from said it was running before I took on the project, and even showed me a video on his phone of the bike running in the state it was in when I bought it. Though he ran it without the pipes on and melted the wiring harness a little bit. Back to the starting problems. I have no spark at idle and only intermittent spark at 1/2 to WOT. I am at a loss right now cause I tested all the ignition components e.i. TPS, CKPS, MAP, ignition coil, spark plug wires, spark plugs, neutral sensor, ect... I just don't know what to do next. I have thrown a lot of money at this thing and I don't want to give up on it. Just need some hints to put me on the right track.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm Kris. At the end of last year I purchased an 06 Jackpot basket case. It was originally hit in the front by a SUV. Since my purchase of the bike I have swapped out frames for a Hammer and rebuilt the bike from the bottom up. Purchased all the components to replace the bent/broke ones except a new front brake rotor. Now the only big issue I am having is getting it to start and the turn signals to work. The guy I bought it from said it was running before I took on the project, and even showed me a video on his phone of the bike running in the state it was in when I bought it. Though he ran it without the pipes on and melted the wiring harness a little bit. Back to the starting problems. I have no spark at idle and only intermittent spark at 1/2 to WOT. I am at a loss right now cause I tested all the ignition components e.i. TPS, CKPS, MAP, ignition coil, spark plug wires, spark plugs, neutral sensor, ect... I just don't know what to do next. I have thrown a lot of money at this thing and I don't want to give up on it. Just need some hints to put me on the right track.
Hey Kris you should definitely start a new thread about this issue in the Tech & Performance section Victory Tech and Performance Section - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts