Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my first motorcycle, 2008 Kingpin. It has 5000 miles, factory flamed paint, passenger seat and rest, T-bars, short shield, tear drop mirrors, some brand of aftermarket bags (not sure, ha), pipes I have yet to identify (check my pic and let me know what they are), and many other little extras.

Bike had some minor paint flaws on the back fender. Chip right in the back and chips on the right side, right above the centerline of the wheel, but it's rbehind the bag. Not sure what would have caused this.

So far, both tires have minor leaks the back is a little worse. Went to have it checked out and everyone recommends replacement, but the tires are in great shape. Is it possible these are OEM tires with 5000 miles but very good tread depth left? They are Dunlop Elite 2's not 3's. What's your all thoughts? I have also noticed accelerated vibration at speeds over 80mph. Maybe it's balance, maybe it's tire issues.

Another thing is there is quite a bit of backfire at certain times. I'm wondering if they never had it tuned after the pipes were installed. Really want to fix that.

Thanks for looking.

Cody

Attachments

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Welcome from the Northwet UV. I wouldn't trust my life to 8 year old tires that I don't know how they were stored. Are you referring to backfiring (thru the intakes) or exhaust popping? There's a big difference. We would need to know all the mods that were done to do a good analysis. Reply with that and were are here to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from the Northwet UV. I wouldn't trust my life to 8 year old tires that I don't know how they were stored. Are you referring to backfiring (thru the intakes) or exhaust popping? There's a big difference. We would need to know all the mods that were done to do a good analysis. Reply with that and were are here to help.

Thanks, RICZ.

I'm speaking of popping from the exhaust. Sounds like a lean condition to me.

For mods, the only thing I can tell that would matter is the exhaust. Air box and filter look stock. Should I look for something else?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome from CT!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Sweet paint!! √√
Welcome from CT x2

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Welcome from Batam Island and
Coooool bike ....
Ride safe

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
12,970 Posts
Ultimate Victory

Vic's pop there is really no way around it. If it pops when you let off the gas retighten your exhaust flange bolts.
Shifting pops is cause you close the throttle all the way. Try not to do it

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Try using very minimal throttle movements when shifting. Shift at least at 3500+ RPM. Preloading (pressuring) the shifter helps too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts