Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening everyone. I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am looking to purchase a Cross Country Tour sometime and figured this would probably be the best way to gather some info.

I am currently riding a Raider that I have fully bagged out. I've been looking to do some longer rides with the CVMA and my wife and think I've the Tour might be the way we want to go.

So I will be lurking, asking questions and finding out everything I can prior to purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome! Lots of reading here. I own a 2014 XC that has most of the goodies the Tour has and some that the Tour should come with!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am definitely the person that will find every gadget, gizmo and upgrade for the bike. I've already started looking at upgrades and I don't even own it yet.

My wife is in love with the idea of heated seats, so if that gets me a new bike so be it. I'm a big fan of the idea of the stereo as well. Haha.

I think overall just looking to figure out if I should be looking cross country vs tour vs magnum, if there are any years that I should avoid, or any immediate upgrades that need to be made.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have been a Victory owner for 4 years and don't recall any bad years. My father and father in law both have older Vic's with no issues. The Magnum will be the nicest of the XC's but will need a fair amount of work to be a Tour. The Tour can be a Magnum with a lot less work... Are you buying new or used?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1459900213.863356.jpg
That is my 2014 XC... 21" wheel, lowered 1.5" in the rear, upgraded stereo, heated seat, Vicbaggers bars, Miller Mufflers, Lloydz intake, Lloydz timing wheel, Dobeck Gen 4 fuel controller. A bunch of other little Ness parts, Vicbaggers and Rusty Jones Customs. I have a tour pack I have been working on cutting down and turning it into a mid size tour pack. It was damaged and is kind of an ongoing project. This is my second Victory and won't be my last! I have my eyes on an Indian Chieftain next.. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1459900599.922533.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice bikes. I agree with you Travis that the Xc tour gives me the better baseline to start with. The stereo on the magnum was a wash to me since I'm sure I'd upgrade it immediately anyway. Like i said before, my wife was sold on the heated seat.

I tried riding a Harley Ultra yesterday and wasn't blown away by any stretch of the imagination. Nice, yes, life changing, hell no. I like the fact that you can strip the trunk off the tour so quickly to turn it into a XC. Additionally I like the riding position a lot more.

As for new vs used, I always prefer to go used if I can trade off a few miles for aftermarket extras. I've just never seen the point of paying the new premium for a bike when there are some barely ridden used bikes. I'm definitely partial to the black, titanium suede and white bikes. Unfortunately for me, the used bikes are few and far between around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts