Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member from Ellsworth Maine, I joined to get other riders input on addons for my new 2016 Victory Cross Country

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum from the Pacific Northwet. The first add-on I'll recommend is my hand-made custom fitted to your state's plate, laydown license bracket. Click the first link below. (Shameless self promotion.)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT. One of the best things you can do for that bike is invest in the "timing wheel", otherwise known as the Lloydz Adjustable Timing System. It will allow you to advance the timing a few degrees and it gives a huge boost in performance and smoothness for less than $200 with the reusable gasket.

After that, however, the mod bug usually has a firm hold on you and all bets are off :D

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
A lot of folks have opted for the Victory replacement LED unit, but it's a bit spendy for me at $400. I bought a set of LED replacement H11 bulbs and use them in my OEM headlight housing and I like them just fine. A member here by the name @Pauljp did a couple of incredible videos showing actual, measurable differences between the various options.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
So broggyr you replaced only the LED H11 bulbs and you like them?
I like them just fine. And like $50 shipped. They draw much less current than HID or halogens, run much cooler. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of said lights, but I likes 'em. And I had the HIDs. ;)

***NOTE*** Because the base of these lights are much bigger when compared to halogen or HID, you might have to relocate your wiring harness (I did). But, that's easy enough to do without removing your fairing if you take your time.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Budman, the headlight in post #8 is only $119 with free shipping. And if this is your first order with them, you get another 10% off.
Having said that, like Broggy, I'd rather go with the LED H11 bulb conversions.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
A forum member who goes by CrossRoads sells excellent HID conversions at a reasonable price and a lifetime guarantee - can't beat that.
Here's another suggestion...
https://www.ledfactorymart.com/products/chrome-black-victory-led-headlight-kit-cross-country?variant=21931521987
And here's another...
https://www.ledfactorymart.com/products/h8-h11-philips-led-headlight-conversion-kit-8000-lm-50-w-pair-hi-lo-beam
Hard to beat Crossroads VICTORY HID system for price and more importantly lighting performance!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Got one in my bike's hi beam slot. Great light, but takes a few seconds to get it there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to try the aftermarket LED headlite
8 x 5W CREE LED Bulbs
LED Color: 6000 K (Pure White)
Voltage: DC 9~32V
High Beam: 60 W , Low Beam: 40 W
Luminous Flux: 3450 LM (High beam), 2800 LM (Low beam)
Operating Voltage: 10-32V DC
30000 hours above life time

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
What's your source for those? Got a link?

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Got one in my bike's hi beam slot. Great light, but takes a few seconds to get it there.
Yes first up it does, but in the rear world of on off on off its instant.
If I'm running at night out of civilisation then I'm on high dropping to low occasionally for oncoming traffic or someone in front of me.
Really it's horses for courses depending on your riding conditions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts