Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member. I have been ridings motorcycles for over 60 years. At present time I am riding a 2015 Goldwing F6B. I have owned a number of Harleys, three Yamaha Ventures, two Yamaha Royal Stars, four BMWs and for the last eight years I have been riding Goldwings. I am looking at purchasing a 2013 Victory Ness Vision Tour. I do plan to keep my F6B until I am sure I like the Victory. I really like the looks of a Victory Vision. I ride alone so I plan to remove the tour Pack.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum , and to Victory ! cheers

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet youngster. I've been riding 64 years and like you, had many bikes including Yammie Ventures. Jumped on 'em shortly after they came out in '83 and then got me a '92, not because the '83 needed replacing, but wanted the larger cases. Great bikes those, but I am enjoying my XR even more. I have never liked cruisers, but cancer (and just maybe age) had me needing a lower seat height and lower CofG if I was to continue riding. Right then, Victory came out with the Cross bikes and the looks, specs and a test ride got me hooked. An unexpected benefit is they are so easy to work on that I do ALL my own maintenance. In almost 7 years, my XR has never been in a shop. I have always had more than one bike - at least a city/errand bike and a country/touring one in the garage. My Vic XR does both so well, that for the first time in decades, I am down to only one bike and lovin' it. You will too Jerry. Ever belong to the VTS/MTA?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I can't speak for the Vision, but I have a Cross Country Tour and love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Jerry...Ride that Vision before you decide. I'm thinking you are prolly 70+ and unless you are in exceptional shape, you might find a Vision to be a handful as they are heavy and top heavy compared to the Cross bikes. The Vision's side cases are deceptively small and the Cross Country has far more case capacity, as does the Cross Roads and they are removable to boot. If you do your own work, as I do, the Cross bikes are far easier to service. I do the service work on a friend's Vision and its nowhere near as convenient to work on as my XR. Just sayin'.

·
12,970 Posts
Hi
Your only about 2 hours away from one of the primer Vic shops in the country. He can give you power or just fix your bike.
There is a guy that makes a wall mount for your trunk but I can't find the link to it now.
By the way Ness vision is very cool bike

Victory Motorcycle Performance & Service - The Vic Shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts