Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Welcome to the Victory forums! What do you ride and where are you from? I have a 2015 Cross Country Tour and live in Florida.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Live in Roanoke VA
Ride a Hammer S
Taking it on back roads mainly to get it broke in for the first service.

Only mods in 1/4 turn throttle.
Waiting on Timing Wheel, these 2 mods are "must do" per dealer

You still in? I was an engineer in the Army

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Nawww. ..been out since the early 90s. Thanks for your service!

You getting the Lloydz Adjustable Timing System? I have mine set at +4 degrees and the bike runs so much better! Worth every penny!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Btw... I was with 8th Engineers out of Camp Lejeune!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
A soggy greetings from the Pacific Northwet.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Stands on my hands to say G'day from Downunder :grin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes lloydz timing wheel I am going to start with +4.

I only have stage 1 shotgun pipes and victory tune and 1/4 turn throttle.for now.

Cams and torque tubes to come

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Better get a PCV if you are going to do all that! I am no expert but if you are changing fuel/air ratio and adding cams and such, you will probably need a PCV. I didn't need it with the Lloydz ATS +4. That is all I am probably going to do to it though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about power Commander 5 but. I've been reading a lot about the dobeck afr+ i think it look badass it's like an auto tune to specific air fuel ratio that you want plus you get an afr gauge too. And on top of that military discount.

But I need to read more as all the mods I am thinking are going to be this winter so I have time

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
PCV and a proper dyno tune is the best way to go with Cams, Torquetubes and the rest.
And ditch the Vic pipes for some RPW's
Don't settle for second best.
Victory--We Ride!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
From what I understand, a tuner will have more options with a PCV that any of the other things. If you have any questions, you really should get in touch with Kevinx with Southern Motorworx! He travels the country as well as have Vic owners bring their stuff to him. He is awesome. He will steer you in the right direction.

·
12,984 Posts
I was thinking about power Commander 5 but. I've been reading a lot about the dobeck afr+ i think it look badass it's like an auto tune to specific air fuel ratio that you want plus you get an afr gauge too. And on top of that military discount.

But I need to read more as all the mods I am thinking are going to be this winter so I have time
Please do what I ask in red letters. It will help you and us.
You don't say what model bike you have or if its stock or not. All of that plays into the factor

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
You don't say what model bike you have or if its stock or not. All of that plays into the factor
He said earlier he's riding a Hammer S , But as to year model we haven't a clue.
Yeah mate do what VJ asks and fillout your signature details, it makes our job so much easier.

I stick by my PCV and dynotune advice as long as your Hammer S is PCV compatible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updated signature and added info under profile as requested

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Updated signature and added info under profile as requested
cool, 2016 is fine for PCV.
Once you do all your mods as well as some decent pipes you'll be ready for a PCV and a pro dynotune.
Till then get some miles on her cos she will free up some just by riding.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool, 2016 is fine for PCV.
Once you do all your mods as well as some decent pipes you'll be ready for a PCV and a pro dynotune.
Till then get some miles on her cos she will free up some just by riding.
Enjoy.
Only issue is how lean am I running? Or is the stage 1 tune good enough to keep the bike safe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys wanted to say what's up, I'm new here (obviously) also new to the cruiser seen. I've been riding sport bikes since the age 17 (42now), and I just picked up a 2013 Vic Judge with just a little over 8k in miles. All stock except of the fact that the exhaust (I believe) had been drilled out. Looks clean though cuz when I take a flashlight into the pipes u can see straight through to the end (no drill holes might of used a hole saw). Well enough said on that but my main inquire for now is I'm looking to do some mods, the bike seems to ride good and strong but then again what do I know, it's a VTwin and I've never had anything that ran this rough (coming off a 98 CBR900RR). But I definitely love the way it feels. I was thinking fuel management but been reading all the bad vibes on the Cobra FI2000 PowrPro Black Tuner, what do u guys recommend to start off with?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Only issue is how lean am I running? Or is the stage 1 tune good enough to keep the bike safe?
yeah you'll be ok, Victory pipes match the tune with Stage 1 flash,
as soon as you upgrade to a decent intake you'd be wise to go to a PCV

1 - 20 of 35 Posts