Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI! As the title says "new member" I'm coming over from 6 years of riding Yamaha stratoliners (2 of em)....So 1st time Vic owner also.....gonna need lots of advice making this bike my own. Only had the bike 2 days....and leaving on a trip heading south for 2 weeks, on the 24th....skyline...blue ridge...dragon...cherohala... N.O. then FLA. then find another way back north through more mountains. already ordered a magnum seat (for my short legs)...handlebars (reduced reach - 2" closer)...reg. long horn brake pedal (for better reach)...dealer through in a driver back rest....anything I'm missing for the trip...lets hear your ideas....thinking drop the rear an inch or so...should I...shouldn't I...bike has to put up with 300 lbs of me.....Cam/pipes/PCV... when I get back will want a lot of input there. Ok that's a start....Any input appreciated and considered................Thanx all......Scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from Nashville. Love those roads, that sounds like one helluva maiden voyage on a new bike. Enjoy that and be safe. Lots of knowledge and willingness to share it on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Howdy!

Id wait to lower it until you get the new saddle and see how you fit.

Pics?

·
13,026 Posts
Welcome

you should say what year and model bike you have

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2016 CCT.........I had it in my profile...but you are right you shouldn't have to go looking for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn seat is on backorder......So I have been trying different air pressure in the rear shock...at 40 lbs the bike makes the crappiest roads seem nice and smooth...much better ride than the Strat....but my feet are not flat on the ground...and I hate to admit it, but I dropped it twice...once the 1st day and once the 2nd day....very slow (almost not moving) left hand turns....not enough rpms and still used to the Strat's clutch, I stalled it out w/the handlebars turned left...I also have a medical issue (having my left hip replaced next month) which makes it harder to support the bike on the left leg....Thank you lord for the crash bar and bag bar....I didn't realize how strong that bag bar was...so the bike only went as far as the bars....just couldn't hold it up on that hip.... So NO damage...little scrape on bars underneath....that said next day I dropped the air to 10 pounds....feet now flat on the ground with a tad more play....had no more issues, except bottomed out the rear shock on one big something never saw it, was riding down a back road lined with trees, going in and out of the shadows...just felt more confident in the bike from that point on...BUT....now the suspension isn't giving the same smooth ride, so I am going to keep adding air till I can find a happy middle ground.....so no magnum seat available right now...any ideas? after market seat that will put me lower? thanx all.............Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts