Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice and sunny here in San Diego, as always and have 3 Harleys, but looking for something different, so I see a number of Vics for sale dirt cheap. I know they're discontinued, but the prices for a used one are hard to believe. Makes me a bit cautious. Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Riding since 1952, I have owned many bikes that have been discontinued and they kept soldiering on for years. Some I rode across this continent. That the factory stopped cranking out Victorys should have no bearing on your decision to buy one. Mine is 8 years old, 40K miles and no problems - not one. I do ALL my own maintenance and I have never had a bike that's this easy to work on. I have yet to come across a fastener that's hard to access.
I also have never liked cruisers for many reasons, but its like Polaris was listening to guys like me and shot down each and every one of those reasons. I love to carve the many challenging roads around me and my XR doesn't realize its a cruiser and doesn't act like one. The power, the comfort, the handling of Vics is amazing. If you can get a great price, you will own a great bike.
The down side; Accessories are getting hard to come by, but not impossible. There are aftermarket suppliers, buy & sell sites, eBay, Amazon and this forum to name a few sources still out there. And you have a good group of guys here who are quick with answers and ways to spend your money. Go for it and we'll see you back here with photos of that great buy.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Ride one and youll own one.

·
Premium Member
13,603 Posts
Every once in a while a deal really isn't too good to be true. It's just a good deal.

Those of us who own them and were thinking about trade in value or sales value aren't real happy right now but we are seeing the same thing with older Harley prices. Not quite the hit the Victory's are taking but a hit nonetheless.

The good news is deals are available right now for those who love bikes and love to ride.

Is there any particular year and model you're looking at? These are long lasting mostly trouble free engines which of course are rebuildable. As RicZ mentioned; accessories are dwindling down but still available for the patient person.

·
13,172 Posts
it say best offer so offer them 5K and no sales tax.
Keep in mind parts and place that will work on it will be hard to find. Before you buy look around for shops that will work on it

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Get it BadBoy before it gets away. You'll love the way it handles in the curves. I've had Harley's too but my Vic is by far the best.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A riding partner with a Big Dog mentioned that Vics use one source for engine and trans, therefore if anything goes wrong it spreads quickly. ??

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have been on this forum since late 2009 and there have been extremely few problems mentioned in all that time. In the event something does occur, unlike Harleys, everything is easy to get to and does not require you having to go to a shop unless you are a klutz with tools. There are many YouTube how to vids - check out a couple to ease your mind. Pass up the opportunity to own a Victory and you will pass up one of the finest rides out there.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
I have been on this forum since late 2009 and there have been extremely few problems mentioned in all that time. In the event something does occur, unlike Harleys, everything is easy to get to and does not require you having to go to a shop unless you are a klutz with tools. There are many YouTube how to vids - check out a couple to ease your mind. Pass up the opportunity to own a Victory and you will pass up one of the finest rides out there.
Thats a fact....take one for a good ride and youll be convinced.
Engines are bulletproof even with hot ups.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Coming from American, Brit, Italians, German and Jap bikes of all flavors I have to say the Victory is on my very top list. Guess it depends what kind if riding you do. If its all pretty local, those ones you pictured are great.

My preference is the Kingpin. I have a 2012 with a modified engine that gives me the power, comfort, and handling that I like. Not only is it a blast to run in the city blowing the rims and doors off of things, but on the highway, even at 125+ MPH its still comfortable. Its been on a few 1-3K rides with no issues.

Whichever you get will give lots of fun for a long time. That's for sure.

·
Registered
691 Posts
You will love it welcome to the forum and the history....

Ride safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Means it looks like it just rolled off the production line.
Ahhh yeah I wondered how you could use the word Brutal and no balls in the same sentence:smile
Sounds like you're converted, ...all it takes is one good ride!
You can be the first to hear my good news too.
Just rang Victory Brisbane and my freshly repaired Vegas should be getting delivered to me today:devil
Victory!--We Ride!!

Oh your craigslist link is blank, so got a pic or two for us?

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Welcome mate, hope you enjoy the vic just as much as us...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts