Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Howdy!

Few more post and you'll be able to post a pic.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

You'll love the way that CC bike rides and handles. It can take all you can push it through if you're brave enough to try it. Especially in the twisties. It handles great for a big bike.... Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
350 Posts
Pacific Northwest covers a lot of real estate.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
You will love it. I've been riding Victory's for 14 years. Been many miles and have met hundreds of Victory riders from coast to coast. Hope to meet you on the road some day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the warm welcome. Ive been looking at the Vics for years, but ive always talked myself out of buying one.
Last weekend i got off work early to swing by MT Hood Polaris to look at a flat grey cc. Turns out they had sold it but they had 3 other '16s with no miles for sale. I bought a kind of flat white one for 13k that had never even had a battery put in it. It had never even been test rode. It literally had 0 miles on it!
Rode it home and fell in love.
Its so easy to ride. Im going to do the drill, 02, air filter mods and see how it goes.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Sounds like you might be in the Portland area. If so, let's do a get together. I have a few friends with Vics and we're in a riding club that, at times, Vics are more numerous than Harleys, even tho there are more of them on the roster.
I'm retired and love spinning wrenches and my Vic friends love having me do projects and service on their bikes. If you are new to the wonderful world of Victory, there are things to know that are unique to the brand and model and I am here to help you with that. My email is [email protected].
Ric

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like you might be in the Portland area. If so, let's do a get together. I have a few friends with Vics and we're in a riding club that, at times, Vics are more numerous than Harleys, even tho there are more of them on the roster.
I'm retired and love spinning wrenches and my Vic friends love having me do projects and service on their bikes. If you are new to the wonderful world of Victory, there are things to know that are unique to the brand and model and I am here to help you with that. My email is [email protected].
Ric
Cool, Id be happy to. Im handy with a wrench, but smart enough to know that on a new machine I am unfamiliar with having someone with experience is a major key to success. sent you an email as well

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Great price on that bike there xxholdxx. Yea it was love at first ride for me too. :grin

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada.....

You will love your decision to get a Victory ...can't wait to see a pic of your new ride...ENJOY!!!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
13,184 Posts
xxholdxx

Howdie. You have to leave 02's hooked up till you get a bypass sensor. I think Noemtz design has them

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm going to remove the black wire 1st to see if that works. All about saving the $$
What he's saying is you need the bypass sensor or the bike will throw a code and give you a check engine light no matter how you disconnect the O2 sensors. Older models didn't do that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What he's saying is you need the bypass sensor or the bike will throw a code and give you a check engine light no matter how you disconnect the O2 sensors. Older models didn't do that.
yeah Ive been researching it, there are 2 heater wires, from what i have found if you disconnect the black wire it does the same thing as the by pass plugs.
The next question is if I drill the mufflers will that void my warranty?

·
Registered
483 Posts
yeah Ive been researching it, there are 2 heater wires, from what i have found if you disconnect the black wire it does the same thing as the by pass plugs.
The next question is if I drill the mufflers will that void my warranty?
It will on the pipes.

Unless they can prove the mod you did caused the issue of the warranty claim you're usually good.

I've never seen anybody get denied for aftermarket or modifying the exhaust.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I ran my bike with Stage 1 pipes for over a year with the O2 still plugged in. I didn't disconnect them until I got a PCV.

You'll be fine drilling them first.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts