Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ya'll from south Texas, my father in law gave my wife and i a 2003 touring classic, absolutely beautiful bike, I'm trying to get her back on the road, haven't rode her in a while due to my job but I'm having real problems with her running rough at around 1700-2000 rpm's. I've changed the TPS and the fuel pump and now she won't even fire off. Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless!

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Hello ya'll from south Texas, my father in law gave my wife and i a 2003 touring classic, absolutely beautiful bike, I'm trying to get her back on the road, haven't rode her in a while due to my job but I'm having real problems with her running rough at around 1700-2000 rpm's. I've changed the TPS and the fuel pump and now she won't even fire off. Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless!
How many miles did you do with running rough ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since you had the fuel tank off to replaced the electric fuel pump on the underside rear of the tank, and had the air box off or at least unbolted from the throttle bodies, did you go back and check all of your connectors, including to the ignition coil pack and the throttle position sensor? When you turn the ignition on, do you hear the fuel pump run so it can prime the fuel system? If not, check that you properly connected the harness plug to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump does prime, did you check the fuel line that runs from the fuel pump to the fuel pressure regulator/fuel rail? It may have gotten twisted before you reconnected it after putting the fuel tank back on. It's best to disconnect it at the fuel pressure regulator before removing the fuel tank.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Check for spark, but be vewy, vewy careful. Are the battery connections clean and tight? They have a tendency to loosen. Best to place lock washers under the bolt heads.
A call to Kevin Cross or Rylan Vos at the Vic Shop might help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My 2010 Jackpot ran pretty rough when I got it, but I knew it had been stored for a while. The first thing I did was change the oil and clean out the air intake. Made a world of difference. You may have crud built up in the oil pump, and residue in the throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts