Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
New member and new victory owner. Brother got me hooked by letting me ride his 07 Jackpot and bit the bullet and got an 08 Vegas!

Just ran into some issues so I did some digging and the forums look like they provide lots of feedback and info and everyone seems super willing to help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon. Ask away, some one will have an answer. Ride safe,

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Hi from northern Oregon. We are here to help, ask away.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Greetings from NE Tennessee! Always loved the look of the Vegas, hope you get the problems fixed and get it on the road. Got some pics of the new ride?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I will ask this in the vegas forum but going to post it here as well :)

I'm having troubles getting my bike going and was hoping someone could help out!
I turn the key on and I hear the fuel pump, but when I try and start it, the bike just cranks over and does not start.
There is lots of fuel in it but it sounds like its not getting enough or something like that.
My first thought was that its the fuel filter but not sure.

I'm kinda new to wrenching on a bike, but comfortable in doing it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Behind the right side cover is where you connect the fuel pressure gauge to test the fuel pressure. Refer to the service manual for correct pressure.

If you can work on a modern fuel injected car; you can work on a Victory.

Your plugs are probably fuel fouled now so if you have access to plug cleaner or bead blaster you can return them to working order. Might want to replace them at some point though.

Are you sure you're getting spark? Has the bike ran since you've owned it? Bad gas?

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Hey everyone!
New member and new victory owner. Brother got me hooked by letting me ride his 07 Jackpot and bit the bullet and got an 08 Vegas!

Just ran into some issues so I did some digging and the forums look like they provide lots of feedback and info and everyone seems super willing to help!
Some details would help, it's a 10 year old bike has it sat for an extended period? How many Km/miles? Stored inside or outside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts