Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, greetings from Obi Obi, Australia.

I've been watching for a while, looks like a good forum.

I'm riding a 2013 Hard Ball, with 103,000 kms on it. Most days my hot rodded 1990 1200 Sportster (bought new) sits in the shed and pouts at me as I walk past it and climb on the Victory. to run the 30 kms of mountain road to work.

Because of where I live, I do a lot of dirt road work. It's a great dirt road bike! Always either dusty or muddy.

Keep riding them, Steve.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Obi Obi must be a great place if they named it twice! (heard that the other day about Wagga Wagga so thought Id throw it in!)
G'day mate, fellow Aussie here, think I may have even met you on a Brisbane Victory ride if you're the bloke who runs the car tyre on back.
Welcome, lots of good stuff here if ya disregard the politics and religion.
Sites slowed a bit since Foolaris pulled the pin, but we are still alive and well, though a few are in winter hibernation over Stateside.
Dont hear much of Victory shop rides no more since they mainstreamed Indian, but then again Im not on farcebook which seems to be how people communicate these days.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yeah G'day Steve just checked yr garage pix and gotta be you,
love yr bike lift in the garage pix!...very innovative

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Welcome from the same corner of the world, but a different country

Batam Island, Indonesia

Glad your here, and you are right, the vics actually handles pretty good on dirt ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Motorbikerx, you are right, Obi Obi is a great place. I rode my old Norton Commando up the valley when I was 25 (very long time ago now) and swore I'd be back. I bought 88 acres on the creek a year later.

is a clip of a run up the valley by a Brianbb63, dunno who he is. That's my daily ride to work.

That bike lift is only my roadside flat tyre lift, takes up less space in the saddlebags than a scissors jack. I get a lot of flats; some of the dirt roads around here have very sharp rock flakes in them, and I don't mind a bit of wheelspin on dirt. Flats with tubed tyres are a pain. There's a hydraulic lift in the shed.

Yes, guilty as charged to the car tyre rear, have about 60000 kms on them, some good, some bad. I think I remember you (your bike really), if you turned up to a shop ride with a mate with a nice quick High Ball.
That's a nice list of go fast on the Vegas, I'm sure it puts a smile on your face when you point it down the road and pull the trigger!

Yes, it's a pain that you have to go on Facebook to check out upcoming shop rides. I don't do Facebook either, but it will let you onto the Brisbane Vic/Indian shop site for long enough to check out upcoming events before you get thrown out for not being a member. I generally do that early each week.
The problem of going riding with bikes that mostly look like grandads bike is that most of the owners ride them like grandad. Hang on, I'm a grandad!

Andre, Batam Island looks a pretty place to ride; that suspension bridge gives a good view in Streetview. I'm sure it's mostly good riding weather apart from the afternoon rains. Never been there, but who knows what the future holds?

Thanks again for the welcome, I'll be back,Steve.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from N. Alabama USA. you have to ride that EVERY DAY! I'd never make it to work. I gotta ride through city streets.....everbody has to suffer sometime I recon. ;-) Happy New Year and Long May You Ride (LMYR).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi RoteBaron, thanks for the welcome.
The road on the other side of the mountain, the second half of the run to work, is just as much fun, if a bit more civilised.

is a clip of a Brian Vardy heading back west, the first half of my ride home. I dunno who he is either. He did get badly blocked at the best bend, at 3:30. This is the one I grind the floorboard and lightly scrape the chin fairing many days.

Some days making sure I turn off to work is hard to do, so many great roads, so many small country pubs doing great lunches within 200 kms!

But hey, playing in city traffic can be fun too, although I reckon your High Ball would be better than your Vision for that.

Cheers, Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts