Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Wanted to put up a post here since I'm a new member to introduce myself.

My name is Rich and I'm picking up my first Victory this Friday 05/03/19. It's a 2010 Victory Cross Roads with an added fairing. Pretty excited about it as I've been eying Victory's since I started riding a few years ago. Prior to this I had a 1999 Suzuki Marauder VZ800 with Cobra Drag Pipes (Cut the baffles down for better sound) and a Mustang seat. That's the only other bike I've ever owned even though I've ridden my friend's Harley's and Kawasaki's, etc etc. Currently residing in NW Indiana, about an hour East of Chicago.

Glad to be a part of this community. I'm looking forward to making some new friendships here!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT. One more reply or post and the rest of the forums open up for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome! It's a total of 5 posts before you can edit your signature line correct?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That's awesome! It's a total of 5 posts before you can edit your signature line correct?
That's correct, so start postin'! :D

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Welcome and G'day from DownUnder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's correct, so start postin'! :D
That's the plan!! Going to have to post on some of the exhaust threads on here. Thinking about making my own baffles for the stockers. Can't really be rolling around sounding like a small lawnmower with that big 106!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Thanks much! Wish the weather up here was as good as it is down by you right now.
its raining here mate.....which aint a bad thing in a drought I suppose

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Welcome aboard from E'ville

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its raining here mate.....which aint a bad thing in a drought I suppose
Things tend to catch on fire less when there's water vs a drought I suppose. Raining here too but this past weekend it snowed...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard from E'ville
E-Ville! Might have to hit you up if I ever ride down your way. Not sure there will be too much time for that this season but I'd like to go down and do some riding in Kentucky & Tennessee sometime!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
An oregon welcome

I bought a 2010 XR new and rode it until recently, when Father Time fixed it so I do no more two wheeling after 67 years of it. There'a a lot to love about the XR, especially the low CofG. Here's my ride of the past 9 years - note the chrome forks. Yeah, I went crazy blinging her.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the Party. Avoid Oil Talk and everything will be OK!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Welcome from Indy, home of the dry weather first half the week while you been getting poured on. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought a 2010 XR new and rode it until recently, when Father Time fixed it so I do no more two wheeling after 67 years of it. There'a a lot to love about the XR, especially the low CofG. Here's my ride of the past 9 years - note the chrome forks. Yeah, I went crazy blinging her.
Mine is the exact same color! Previous owner did some work to her though. Got an aftermarket batwing fairing instead of the windshield and a few performance changes. I gotta say. She rides like a dream!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts