Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Hello from Southern Ireland, brought a Victory Vegas Cory Ness into Ireland just before Covid only getting to know it now. Took it out for its first run at the weekend and broke down. anyway battery went dead while driving and could see the voltage going down as I tried to get home. anyway with help and a bit of searching on the forum was able to check everything out Stater and Regulator checked and good. bad connection at the plugs, Just before it left me down took her to 100 mph on a motorway (don't tell anyone) 馃槈 the vibrations must not have helped anyway up and running again now and charging away. Glad to be in this forum and thanks for letting me in 馃憤

Registered
Welcome from Southern Oregon USA, ride safe and have fun.

Registered
Any time any thing acts up check the battery and connections. Low voltage on these bikes will cause a myriad of problems up to and including male pattern baldness and anger management issues.
Welcome from sunny Arizona!
Victory, the motorcycle I aways wanted.
I know you ran it up to a hundred, I'm sure that was on a closed course. Right?
Ride fast and take chances!
Download a service manual at MEDIAFIRE.
When you've a minute to spare check all the rubber bits on the throttle body including the throttle body adapter boot.
What year is your bike?

Registered
2006 is the year and thanks for the tip on the manual Norm. Have a few issues with the computer right now but once sorted Ill add a picture(y)
'06 and '07 were the best years in my opinion.
Here comes unwanted/unasked for advice;
Starting the bike: Sitting astride the bike, stand it up straight, crack the throttle just a bit, engage the starter and hold the starter button just a quick second after it starts (It'll save your starter clutch and it was designed to accommodate this), let the bike warm up until you can't comfortably keep your thumb on the cylinder. I put my thumb on the rear cylinder behind the spark plug, it's flat and convenient. This is VERY important.

You might want to get in touch with captainbadger007 he's a new Vic owner/member from the UK.
I've been to Europe and you two can't be that far apart.
He's just bought a King Pin, don't know what year yet but the steel frame Vics are pretty much the same from model to model.
Some other little quirks I'll get to when you get your manual.
Norm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts