Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
changing brakelight

Im bobbing my vegas.There are only 2 wires on the stock one and 3 on the after market ones red black yellowits also led.which wires should i use where.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,
I don't know you system but the best way to find out is use a test light to see if both the wires from your oem light are hot wires one should be the taillight the outher should light the testlight when the brakes are applied. Usually there are 3 wires Ground (black), one for brake, one for tail light. Perhaps your oem light had a ground through the fender? if both the leads test hot then that is the way it's wired. Touch your new light leads to a battery (black to ground) and see which wire lights the light brighter, connect that to the lead on the bike that activates with the brake.
If this is a brake light only setup the one lead from your light could be a flash brake light affect. when the brake is activated the light will flash briefly then stay bright.
Hope this help my 99 vic has three wires so without seeing what youv'e got it's the best I can do. Let me know what you figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts